Resource icon

Different thread color based on Thread Starter's group

jazz_aaf

jazz_aaf submitted a new resource:

Different thread color based on Thread Starter's group - Template modification to show different thread list color for different usergroups.

After adding the previous template modification resource (Highlighting threads user participated in), I was asked if it can be modified to highlight threads in different colors based on the usergroup of the "thread starter". So here it is for two usergroups (staff) and (VIP Members).

In EXTRA.css add the following:

Code:
/* USERGROUP THREAD  ENHANCEMENTS*/

.discussionList .staffThreads {...

Read more about this resource...

Hi @jazz_aaf
What modifications would I need to make the happen to topics posted into a given forum, rather than by a given usergroup?

Hi. This resource was posted back in 2013. Can anyone confirm if it's working with 1.5.3?

Can anybody tell me why this is not working on my forums?

I have copied and pasted everything he has said to do, how ever i have only changed the staff XXX at the moment and am not sure as to why it is not working...

I have created a new user group called staff also and that still doesnt work
do i replace it with 001? {My site isnt ready to go live as of yet} which is the amount of admins?

Can anybody tell me why this is not working on my forums?

I have copied and pasted everything he has said to do, how ever i have only changed the staff XXX at the moment and am not sure as to why it is not working...

I have created a new user group called staff also and that still doesnt work
do i replace it with 001? {My site isnt ready to go live as of yet} which is the amount of admins?

There might be 2 reason why it is not working. First, are you absolutely sure that you have entered the correct id of your staff group? And second, are you using a custom style? If you are, you must add the changes to the EXTRA.css template of that custom style that you are using as default.

I am using a custom style called Quark

I changed the XXX to 001 but idk if I need to create a group called staff? As that is what I've done

I am using a custom style called Quark

I changed the XXX to 001 but idk if I need to create a group called staff? As that is what I've done

There is no group id with that numeric value as far as I know. To get the id of agroup, go to the User Groups in your admin area, click on the group name and you can see its id on the browser. That is what you should replaxe xxx with in the example above.

Top Bottom