1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different thread color based on Thread Starter's group

Template modification to show different thread list color for different usergroups.

1. jazz_aaf

jazz_aaf Active Member

jazz_aaf submitted a new resource:

Different thread color based on Thread Starter's group - Template modification to show different thread list color for different usergroups.

Read more about this resource...

2. optrex

optrex Active Member

Hi @jazz_aaf
    What modifications would I need to make the happen to topics posted into a given forum, rather than by a given usergroup?

3. Blast

Blast Active Member

Hi. This resource was posted back in 2013. Can anyone confirm if it's working with 1.5.3?

4. optrex

optrex Active Member

Yes it is

5. Visual Temper

Visual Temper Member

Can anybody tell me why this is not working on my forums?

I have copied and pasted everything he has said to do, how ever i have only changed the staff XXX at the moment and am not sure as to why it is not working...

I have created a new user group called staff also and that still doesnt work
    do i replace it with 001? {My site isnt ready to go live as of yet} which is the amount of admins?

6. wang

wang Well-Known Member

There might be 2 reason why it is not working. First, are you absolutely sure that you have entered the correct id of your staff group? And second, are you using a custom style? If you are, you must add the changes to the EXTRA.css template of that custom style that you are using as default.

7. Visual Temper

Visual Temper Member

I am using a custom style called Quark

I changed the XXX to 001 but idk if I need to create a group called staff? As that is what I've done

8. wang

wang Well-Known Member

There is no group id with that numeric value as far as I know. To get the id of agroup, go to the User Groups in your admin area, click on the group name and you can see its id on the browser. That is what you should replaxe xxx with in the example above.

9. Visual Temper

Visual Temper Member

I just get in my URL bar administrator.3 or something?

Could you maybe show me how to get the id

10. wang

wang Well-Known Member

You got it yourself :) That number 3 is the id for the Administrator group. You can get the id of each group the same way.

11. Visual Temper

Visual Temper Member

Oh, so the XXX turns into 3?

Not 003?

12. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Yes, XXX must be replaced with the group id.

13. Visual Temper

Visual Temper Member

So is it

Administrator.3
    Or anything else

14. Visual Temper

Visual Temper Member

This is what I have

Attached Files:

15. wang

wang Well-Known Member

You must enter only 3 for the id of Adminstrator group.

16. Visual Temper

Visual Temper Member

Ok so I shown an image but it's still not working