Differences between xf-core vB4.x-importer and add-on

Triops

After several successfull test migrations (xfb1, b3...) of my vB3.7 live forums (around 500k posts, upgraded to vB 4.2.1 before migration to xf) with the add-on "vBulletin4 Importer 3.6b2" I wanted to do another test with the xf1.2rc2 and its built in vB4.x importer.
As you can see attached, there are several differences in the options between both, where to me most important seem to be:

Add-on Importer 3.6b2
========================
  • Imports Post Thanks and Likes (Plugins for vB)
  • Imports Social Groups and Albums
  • Imports CMS Articles and Blogs
options_vBulletin4-Importer-3.6b2.webp

Native Importer xf1.2rc2
========================
  • Imports Paid Subscriptions
  • Imports Posts Edit History
  • Imports Infractions
options_vB4.x_importer_XenForo1.2rc2.webp

The add-on imports the friends and buddy lists too, but does not mention it seperatly as option. At the moment I am not sure, if the posts edit history might be imported as well, but I would not expect.
I personally don't care on the social groups and albums (where should they go within xf?) and since I come from vB3.7 I do not have CMS articles and blogs, but I would think this could be important for other users.

But what is essential to me is the importing of the Post Thanks - although it was only a plugin in vB, it was heavily used over years and it would be a giant loss, when not converting to post likes in xf.

On the other side the posts edit history seems to be information, which are worth (but not fundamentaly important) to be kept. Personally I do not have paid subscriptions and I do not know, what infractions are.

So, my questions are:
  • shouldn't CMS articles and blogs be imported by the xf-core vB4-importer as well?
  • is there any chance to copy the Post Thanks importing functions to the xf-core importer as well?

At this moment I stay with the add-on 3.6b2, because the Post Thanks are so unbelievable essential for my users. But it would be good to have one importer in xf-core, which does everything what is possible - since there will be tsunami of vB4 users wanting to migrate to xf in future, I guess...

and I do not know, what infractions are.

You are a naughty boy/girl so you have 10 infraction point.
Should you continue to be naughty, increase those points, you will lose some privileges, banned for a certain time...

shouldn't CMS articles and blogs be imported by the xf-core vB4-importer as well?
There is no CMS,blogs in XF, what to do with them?
is there any chance to copy the Post Thanks importing functions to the xf-core importer as well?
I believe that they are imported now.

Thank you both!
The add-on seems to import CMS articles and blogs as threads in a newly created forum. Better than nothing but probably this is just a compromise...

I just tried the brand new 1.2 and its vB4.x importer. Although I was excited to find the "positive reputation" would import "likes" and would calculate the names it does not import the "Post thank you hack" likes from the vB plugin, as the xf add-on does. Only 170 items were imported (don't know which?!), where the add-on correctly imported 160.000 thank you as likes with names.

Would it be possible to extract this function from the add-on to have it as add-on just for importing the likes or to integrate it in the core importer? Otherwise the core importer misses an important feature, at least for my unseres and me and I would stay with the add-on.

Top Bottom