As you can see attached, there are several differences in the options between both, where to me most important seem to be:
Add-on Importer 3.6b2
- Imports Post Thanks and Likes (Plugins for vB)
- Imports Social Groups and Albums
- Imports CMS Articles and Blogs
Native Importer xf1.2rc2
- Imports Paid Subscriptions
- Imports Posts Edit History
- Imports Infractions
The add-on imports the friends and buddy lists too, but does not mention it seperatly as option. At the moment I am not sure, if the posts edit history might be imported as well, but I would not expect.
I personally don't care on the social groups and albums (where should they go within xf?) and since I come from vB3.7 I do not have CMS articles and blogs, but I would think this could be important for other users.
But what is essential to me is the importing of the Post Thanks - although it was only a plugin in vB, it was heavily used over years and it would be a giant loss, when not converting to post likes in xf.
On the other side the posts edit history seems to be information, which are worth (but not fundamentaly important) to be kept. Personally I do not have paid subscriptions and I do not know, what infractions are.
So, my questions are:
- shouldn't CMS articles and blogs be imported by the xf-core vB4-importer as well?
- is there any chance to copy the Post Thanks importing functions to the xf-core importer as well?
At this moment I stay with the add-on 3.6b2, because the Post Thanks are so unbelievable essential for my users. But it would be good to have one importer in xf-core, which does everything what is possible - since there will be tsunami of vB4 users wanting to migrate to xf in future, I guess...