• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

did you cancel your FB account?

erich37

I am thinking of deleting my FB account and wondering if anyone of you guys did so already?
Would be interesting to hear your thoughts, as I am still unsure....

- Are you happy because you deleted your account?
- Do you regret you deleted your account?
- Why did you delete it?
- Did your FB-page (in case you have/had one) benefit your forum-website in any way?

DBA

I don't use mine as a personal account, it's more of a Linkedin account but on Facebook. Plus I sort of need one for FB dev access and for our FB page.

Adam Howard

I don't use mine as a personal account, it's more of a Linkedin account but on Facebook. Plus I sort of need one for FB dev access and for our FB page.
Facebook dev for log-in is mostly why I keep it.

Our facebook page really isn't used. Users seem to use Twitter more, followed by Google+

DBA

Facebook dev for log-in is mostly why I keep it.
Our facebook page really isn't used. Users seem to use Twitter more, followed by Google+
We're the other way, zilch on Twitter and never bothered to create a Google+ page. If I remember right we're around 20k fans on FB.
I can't delete it because I use FB too much for business. Facebook pages and Facebook Ads
Forgot about the ads. (y)

iTuN3r

Well i wanted to do that while back before my site started picking up i mean major traffic in my site comes from facebook ! So i guess i will stick with it .

0xym0r0n

I did go without it for a couple of weeks but i forgot that i did some minor business and now I use it. I do status updates but mainly about work. I talk to some friends every once in a blue moon but I prefer texting anyone i really care about.

I maintain and admin a few pages. I've experimented with fb dev and I just don't get it (or at least completely).

It's time consuming and I'm almost always logged in and view groups or adding updates. I have friends who do updates at leastttt 20 times a day and I've unsubscribed from them because of it >.>

In short I will ditch facebook like I did myspace once the money is gone from it :)

dojo

I am using the FB account to connect with friends and relatives, so it's still something I don't want to stop using. I promote a little too, but it's mainly a way to keep connected to some people.

Allen

"did you cancel your FB account?"

I didn't think you could.
By this, I mean, TFBPTB (The FaceBook Powers That Be) do not allow accounts to be fully expunged. I'm given to understand they still have your relevant info/data in their database(s) even though you choose 'delete account'.

AzzidReign

Yeah, they keep all data, period. If you upload something and then delete it, yup, that's kept. They are in court in Ireland or something over it.

I keep mine but I try not to post anything about me on it. Everything is pretty much falsified, including my name. I use it to keep up with my chiropractic profession, nutrition info, anti-vaccine info, and other general health stuff, on top of just seeing what some friends are up to since many of my old classmates are now scattered across the world.

I also use it for business, like my site fb page.

ShadyX

I didn't even need to delete my account, they shut me out anyways.

One day I logged on and it was just a header and a blank page, I thought they were just upgrading something or whatever but as the days went on it stayed the same. I finally managed to find a way to contact them after trawling through about 15 pages on google then after I contacted them I received a reply saying they were optimizing the database and everything should be normal again in around 3 days. That was last December, still no change..

Thanks Facebook!

DRE

Yeah, they keep all data, period. If you upload something and then delete it, yup, that's kept. They are in court in Ireland or something over it.

I keep mine but I try not to post anything about me on it. Everything is pretty much falsified, including my name. I use it to keep up with my chiropractic profession, nutrition info, anti-vaccine info, and other general health stuff, on top of just seeing what some friends are up to since many of my old classmates are now scattered across the world.

I also use it for business, like my site fb page.
Even when you delete email/private messages?