XF 1.3 did URL of "Register-page" change ?

erich37

I am not sure, but I think I remember that the URL of the "Register-page" was previously domain.com/register

Now it seems the default "Register-page" has the URL domain.com/login/login

Did this change at some specific XF-version ?

I am not sure, but I think I remember that the URL of the "Register-page" was previously domain.com/register

Now it seems the default "Register-page" has the URL domain.com/login/login

Did this change at some specific XF-version ?
It's a bit confusing from what I've seen. I have no clue how a user would get to the /register page without typing it in manually (which what new user would?). The /login/login appears when you use the default "no I don't have an account" option after typing in a name or email. Really, one of the most dumbest, least intuitive bits of xenforo IMO.

We are working on changing that on our site. May even release it here since there seems to be more and more people worried about the registration process in xf (one of the worst processes in all forum softwares imo - luckily, everything else blows the competition out of the water).

It's a bit confusing from what I've seen. I have no clue how a user would get to the /register page without typing it in manually (which what new user would?). The /login/login appears when you use the default "no I don't have an account" option after typing in a name or email. Really, one of the most dumbest, least intuitive bits of xenforo IMO.

it is the same page as previously, just the URL changed.... not sure why though.

what do you mean exactly ?

Top Bottom