1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I miss the post edit being in a popup before?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Tigratrus, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Just noticed that editing a post brings it up in a loverly, almost Mac like transparent popup window.:)

When did that start? I LIKE it! Much cleaner...
    ::thumbs up::
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

OperaManiac and Jamie like this.
  3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Holy ****, the inline editor is implemented :)
    thx guys, looks great.

Attached Files:

Jethro likes this.
  4. Brogan

I merged your thread with an earlier one ragtek.
  5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Haven't seen it.
  6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Just got a chance to use it and it's very welcomed and looks great. Nice job.

The only concern I have with this is what it will do do the happyplace _ smilies under text add-on I use. I really don't want to use the xenforo dropdown smiley popup for smilies so hopefully it won't have too much of an inpact.
  7. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

When I click 'edit' on a post I made and then choose [More Options...] in the Quick Edit Overlay, I see in the following screen:

2 buttons not needed.png

2 instances of the buttons [Save Changes] and [Preview].
  8. Brogan

The same as it's always been.
  9. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Amazingly, I didn't realize it was in there before :). But nevertheless: why are those 2 buttons presented there twice? They act exactly the same, so what is the reasoning behind it?
  10. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you have lots more options, or a bunch of attached files, people still expect to see submit buttons at the bottom of forms.
    Digital Doctor and Jethro like this.
  11. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Ah, ofcourse :). Somehow I mixed things up... I thought it had something to do with the QuickEdit implemented and it (2 extra buttons) looked a bit superfluous without any extra options or attachments suddenly. But now I realize it was always like that... ahem :oops:.
  12. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

vBulletin has the same thing - I think the developers are just trying to help users REACH the post button faster instead of scrolling up or down, etc.
    .....As I thought.