Did a recent demo make you love Xenforo even more ? [Vote!]

Digital Doctor

Wow. That's some demo ! Best of luck there ! :rolleyes: Let me know when the Release Candidate is out in 2016.
Nothing like seeing Bloated software in action to remind us about our apparently uniquely-great XENFORO !

who.loves.Xenforo.Apu.I.dooo.webp

Like this post if a bad demo experience has made you love Xenforo even more. or if you love Xenforo anyway.

Wow. That's some demo ! Best of luck there ! :rolleyes: Let me know when the Release Candidate is out in 2016.
Nothing like seeing Bloated software in action to remind us about our apparently uniquely-great XENFORO !

View attachment 34075

Like this post if a bad demo experience has made you love Xenforo even more. or if you love Xenforo anyway.
Two things..
#1, By 2016 they will be on vB6 or 7 (they will probably call it "Cosmic Connect" or something stupid like that..
#2, vB5 isnt bloated, as a matter of fact i barely noticed any features. lol not sure if you noticed but as far as i can tell there isnt even a way to know what threads you have posted to on the demo site. Bloated Code maybe? But definatly not bloated feature wise.

isnt bloated, as a matter of fact i barely noticed any features. lol not sure if you noticed but as far as i can tell there isnt even a way to know what threads you have posted to on the demo site.
It is empty on features, and yet at the same time, downloads dozens of js/jquery files, 540+ kb of stylesheets, tries to apply 40+ CSS classes to page elements, and uses ~109 SQL queries just to load the forum-display page.

It is empty on features, and yet at the same time, downloads dozens of js/jquery classes, 540+ kb of stylesheets, tries to apply 40+ CSS classes to page elements, and uses ~109 SQL queries just to load the forum-display page.
Almost magical how they accomplished that feat.
lol 109 huh? I guess they managed to add a couple more queries since launch.

Returning to my xf sites after playing with said demo made me realize why I enjoy working with xf so much. It actually made me think of the state of xf at the time when it too was released as a beta.

I did pinch myself to see if I was dreaming at the time though.
train.gif

Top Bottom