1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did a recent demo make you love Xenforo even more ? [Vote!]

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Digital Doctor, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Wow. That's some demo ! Best of luck there ! :rolleyes: Let me know when the Release Candidate is out in 2016.
    Nothing like seeing Bloated software in action to remind us about our apparently uniquely-great XENFORO !

Like this post if a bad demo experience has made you love Xenforo even more. or if you love Xenforo anyway.
    TheBigK, R_A, vVv and 2 others like this.
  2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I won't Like your post.... but I am in agreement.

I love you XF... so dang much it hurts sometimes!
    CFodder and vVv like this.
  3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Fishing for compliments eh Likes.
  4. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

I see what you did there. :ROFLMAO:
  5. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Two things..
    #1, By 2016 they will be on vB6 or 7 (they will probably call it "Cosmic Connect" or something stupid like that..
    #2, vB5 isnt bloated, as a matter of fact i barely noticed any features. lol not sure if you noticed but as far as i can tell there isnt even a way to know what threads you have posted to on the demo site. Bloated Code maybe? But definatly not bloated feature wise.
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  6. psTubble27

psTubble27 Well-Known Member

It is empty on features, and yet at the same time, downloads dozens of js/jquery files, 540+ kb of stylesheets, tries to apply 40+ CSS classes to page elements, and uses ~109 SQL queries just to load the forum-display page.
    Digital Doctor and 0xym0r0n like this.
  7. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Almost magical how they accomplished that feat.
    lol 109 huh? I guess they managed to add a couple more queries since launch.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I'm trolling for some goodwill and good feeling around here, not likes. :).

I typed in the Kwik-E Mart and crossed it off.
    Just to help trigger the Simpsons context :)
  9. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

A like whore post on xenforo.com? Haha
  10. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

Returning to my xf sites after playing with said demo made me realize why I enjoy working with xf so much. It actually made me think of the state of xf at the time when it too was released as a beta.

I did pinch myself to see if I was dreaming at the time though. [​IMG]