Diary 'thread'

RAZER

Some of our users have been asking for a way to have a diary. I know there is the blogs, but those do not show up in the new threads (as they are not threads).

The idea is to have a diary section where every user can make a thread (and stick with just one) where they can post their diaries. But there is a catch, THEY should be the only ones allowed to post anything in that tread, so there will not be a clutter of other stuff in between their diary posts.

So, is there a way to make a forum section where ONLY the thread starter can post in each thread, but EVERYBODY can start a new thread ?

Some of our users have been asking for a way to have a diary. I know there is the blogs, but those do not show up in the new threads (as they are not threads).

The idea is to have a diary section where every user can make a thread (and stick with just one) where they can post their diaries. But there is a catch, THEY should be the only ones allowed to post anything in that tread, so there will not be a clutter of other stuff in between their diary posts.

So, is there a way to make a forum section where ONLY the thread starter can post in each thread, but EVERYBODY can start a new thread ?

You could accomplish most, if not all of the above with XenForo node permissions.

You could accomplish most, if not all of the above with XenForo node permissions.
Some of our users have been asking for a way to have a diary.
I don't think you can restrict members who are allowed to make a thread in a node to only one thread.
It's a good idea though.

One thing that would be cool would be to style that "diary" node differently than a thread style.
Jaxel does that with his XenPorta.

I would think this idea would make an addon that people would purchase.
Should be easy to make as well.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. And allowing for just 1 thread per user is not really needed, we will ask them nicely.

Oh and about that 'associate your license' that will have to wait, because the one that purchased the software is on holiday (that's why I am here).

Yep, that's what I was thinking. And allowing for just 1 thread per user is not really needed, we will ask them nicely.

Oh and about that 'associate your license' that will have to wait, because the one that purchased the software is on holiday (that's why I am here).
Last I heard the internet worked in most places.. ;)

Point being - to get detailed help you need to post in the actual support areas - which you have to have an association with a license. It's nothing personal but a lot of "I run nulled software" folks come by and post in the sales question area wanting help when they aren't entitled to it and that is pretty much the only way to make sure that you aren't one of them.

Top Bottom