Dexter - Final Season

BirdOPrey5

No spoilers in this post but be warned they may follow in subsequent posts.

Season 8, the final season started this past Sunday, a few months early if you were used to the usual late September / early October start.

They've divorced it from Homeland and have a new show Rob Donovan to follow it instead.

Looks to be an exciting season, it starts 6 months after the close of season 7.

Dexter is probably my favorite current series.

Last edited:
Since Dexter is starting early, I would venture to guess that this will be the longest season yet for Dex fans! :)

Debra is crazy right now. The cliffhanger ending is a little shocking. She knows Harry? In what way? How did she know Harry's code?

I stopped watching Dexter. The poor in-between season writing started to really get to me.

The entire series is about Dexter adjusting to real life, and looking for "friends". So he tries, and then makes mistakes and sees that it all goes wrong. Then the next season comes along, and he does the SAME EXACT **** he did the season before! Dexter is supposed to be so smart, but he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. He monologues so much about what he's learning, but he never learns from his mistakes season over season.

Eventually I just gave up completely.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Given the last comment that Dr. Evelyn Vogel made, about "the code", my theory FWIW is that she may also be a killer with morals (code). Is it possible that she is responsible for the first dead body of the series (the guy with his brain scooped)..especially as she knows so much about the specific part of the brain that was removed?

The twist with an "off the rails" Deb is brilliant. It really feels like she's bringing something extra to the role now - bitterness about Hers and Michaels "real life" break up....hmmm?

I only watched the first season. I used to love that black cop that suspected Dexter of being up to no good. I'm guessing they killed him off?

I'm not convinced her meeting with Dexter about the code was even real. They've pulled the hallucination card before.

Or just another one of Harry's whores. They have out used the hallucination card far too much. My guess is Harry consulted with her while sleeping with her back from before she returned to England.

Or just another one of Harry's whores. They have out used the hallucination card far too much. My guess is Harry consulted with her while sleeping with her back from before she returned to England.
That makes sense. Harry trusted her, she convinced him the best thing for Dexter would be a code. That makes a lot of sense actually. Near the end of the series he meets the woman most responsible for making him who he is.

I get a freaky 'mom' vibe from the previews they showed of the upcoming season.

Something isn't right with this last season. I can't put my finger on it...is it the acting, direction...I don't know but it's bugging the hell out of me. To the point that we found this weeks episode to be slow and (in some parts)...I can't believe I would ever say this about Dex...boring.

Top Bottom