Development Support

Zmolahah

Could anyone please help me out I'm trying to be able to create my own Xenforo add-ons and I have done quite a bit of research in the matter to learn html but I can't find any decent tutorials to create Xenforo add-ons could anyone please point me to a video tutorial or something? There was a Xenforo tutorial series I was recently watching but the uploader uploaded it in 360p meaning it was hard to see the text and hard to understand what he was doing so finding a series in 720p+ would me amazing

I'm not sure if it will help, but it might help to start small...

So, do you have anything specific in mind for your first add-on? There's quite a lot of different aspects of XenForo and to learn all about extending a controller when all you need to do is insert some HTML code using a template hook wouldn't be an effective use of your time.

So, what do you have in mind?

Based on your answer I can point you in the right direction of an appropriate tutorial :)

EDIT: Yeah what DD just said :)

I'm not sure if it will help, but it might help to start small...

So, do you have anything specific in mind for your first add-on? There's quite a lot of different aspects of XenForo and to learn all about extending a controller when all you need to do is insert some HTML code using a template hook wouldn't be an effective use of your time.

So, what do you have in mind?

Based on your answer I can point you in the right direction of an appropriate tutorial :)

EDIT: Yeah what DD just said :)

Well I had many ideas for add-ons my main one was to create a shop tab on the homepage that works like the original Xenforo account upgrades but with extra features for example adding a quantity on how many items you wish to sell and when the quantity runs out you can't buy anymore until it's restocked and a ladder system for example I add a account upgrade to the shop called "Premium" and I add another account upgrade called "Premium+" and you have to buy Premium before you can purchase Premium+. They would just be a few ideas for my shop add-on I have more but it was just a example.

Another add-on idea I had was to remove trophy's and replace it with a leveling system for example everyone starts of at level 1 and to reach level 2 you must gain 10 exp and you gain 1 exp per message and 5 exp per like (As in when a post of yours is liked, Not when you like someone else's post)

Another add-on idea I had was to remove trophy's and replace it with a leveling system for example everyone starts of at level 1 and to reach level 2 you must gain 10 exp and you gain 1 exp per message and 5 exp per like (As in when a post of yours is liked, Not when you like someone else's post)
There might be something like that already.

Is this sort of what you want ?
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-banking.536/

Trophies can be made to work as Levels ... You just have to assign each successive trophy one point.
Trophies.as.Levels.webp

Top Bottom