Development (Localhost)

Uniphix

How many 'localhost' can we setup or development purposes? We are currently using a shared host enviroment, and have one test ground that is only accessible by our team. What I want to know is there a limit to how many 'development' localhost can we setup?

I have a team of a few people and I wanted to know that if I setup localhost with the same license that only is accessiable by the team developer (IE I have no access to their localhost but mine only) then when all work is done they can merge and I can upload the final changes to the test site? For testing purpose?

Is this valid or will I have to go through a different route?

Ben

My local development environments for XenForo range anywhere from 1 to 5 depending on what I need, testing, to separate "maintenance" from "new" add-on updates. Your set up sounds like you'd be distributing the software to multiple developers for local host install. I'm not sure this would be permitted / covered.

Well they wouldn't install it :) because its all pointing to ONE mysql development database, and its all shared among the svn network which is password protected... So not sure.....

Basically I have one developer who is not in the same network as I am but has access to the development database... The issue is for him to see the changes I have to update the testing site, and this is fustrating because sometimes I am not around to do this... So if he can test/develop with a single mysql install of the testing site which is really the same database in overall so the install for the database is one time for that. Where he just has the files hosted on his machine to test his work, then when it all works it gets submitted for me to double check and I merge it to the trunk of our development so reality its all one "Install" for testing ground.

I also use multiple installation on my localhost for different testing purposes and such and I don't see why that would'nt be allowed since my localhost can only be accessed by me and me alone from my computer and nobody else's computer can access it.

Top Bottom