Developers Add Ons

DaveM

It might be a good idea to have some type of timer placed on any developers add on so if they are not active here in x days / months those add ons are locked if they are paid add ons. This would prevent members here purchasing add ons from said developers that have since gone missing. This would in turn prevent members from doing these purchases only to find out they ended up purchasing nothing. Only to find out that the add on is then also not available to them for downloading without the developers intervention (n)

It might be a good idea to have some type of timer placed on any developers add on so if they are not active here in x days / months those add ons are locked if they are paid add ons. This would prevent members here purchasing add ons from said developers that have since gone missing. This would in turn prevent members from doing these purchases only to find out they ended up purchasing nothing. Only to find out that the add on is then also not available to them for downloading without the developers intervention (n)

It's up to the prospective buyer to do their research before purchasing. If there were such rules, we wouldn't see people releasing resources.

Sigh ............ why would it affect any developer from releasing an add on if they still in business of supporting it? On the other hand all this does is make the prospective customer suspicious of all the developers as they scared of getting burned in this manner. At the very least an alert could be implemented that said developer has not been active in X Days / Months. Most people purchase goods here on good faith and it is in no ones interest to break that good faith.

Then again I might just be different where I would rather err on making money on a service that break that good faith with a customer, but that is just me I suppose (old school) :D

Thinking about this a bit more a new option could be placed into the search in resources

Only show resources of developers that have been active in X days

Part of the issue with this thought is the add on 's for sale are only listed here. Sales go through another site if any. Though some developers do it manually through PM's and those of course you would know if they are around.

I hate it when my people don't do their research (non paid) and start linking me crap from the add on archive lol.

Why would you rather have any prospective buyer dealing with you with the thought of buyer beware it just does not do you any good at all. There are now a few sites I don't do business on because of the high probability of it being a bad deal. So those that are really supporting their product just don't even get considered at all.

Just as a matter of interest there are those developers here that I don't give a second thought at using such as @Snog , @Chris D , @Bob B as I know you only get the best results when dealing with them. So when a new coder comes out with possibly something that I would like I need to rather pass them up because the standard here is buyer beware, a bit unfair on the new guys trying to break into the market here.

Top Bottom