• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Design feedback

Caelum

Yeah, I've been hammering away at a free style at that painfully slow pace I get stuck in when not doing a paid style and in no hurry. Basically, I want some feedback

sXlug.jpg

QCZhj.jpg

Most importantly...
  • What do you think of the blue gradient used on the category bar? Is it obscenely out of place, ugly, etc?
  • What do you think of the background? Toying with the idea of swapping it out for something else as the current one started out as a placeholder, just undecided as to what yet.
  • What do you think of the way I did the breadcrumb, and any idea what I should do with it instead
  • Am I overdoing on the shadows?
  • ...Anything else? o_o
Note: HEAVILY WIP, lots of badwrong font colors, out of place colors, etc. It'll look far better in the final release, I promise. ;)

...But yeah, thoughts so far?

I think there are too many blue styles. I think you should change the blue gradient to something else. dont ask me what I don't know.

The background looks easy on the eyes and not bad. Keep it
the breadcrumb is good as well
Shadows dont work on IE right? So, keep them as well.

I am LOVING it so far. I do agree with Nasr - to a point. IMO, it does need a blue gradient, but not that blue. A more muted blue would look better.
But that's just my opinion.

And he is right, we do need something besides blue!

Thanks for the feedback :)
I think there are too many blue styles. I think you should change the blue gradient to something else. dont ask me what I don't know.

I do agree with Nasr - to a point. IMO, it does need a blue gradient, but not that blue. A more muted blue would look better.
[...]
And he is right, we do need something besides blue!

Consider it done. I'll either throw on a semi-transparent gradient that'll let you define your own color using style properties or include several color-variations ;)

Shadows dont work on IE right? So, keep them as well.
They work on IE9, not on <9 though.

The background looks easy on the eyes and not bad. Keep it
the breadcrumb is good as well

I am LOVING it so far

Thanks, glad you guys don't hate every pixel of it to death. Feedback's much appreciated :)

Anyone else?

Fine, fine. Three more teaser images, Expect the style to be up in a week at the very most. :p

Notes:
  • Category bar gradient will be very easily customizeable color-wise; a guide will be provided. Same gradient is used in other places (such as nav bar).
  • BILLIONS of font colors have not yet been touched. If any text looks hard to read or out of place, that probably just means I didn't get around to it yet. Won't be like that in the release version.
I5mXT.jpg

CjMOS.jpg

9J5go.jpg

Top Bottom