1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Design feedback

Discussion in 'Resource Discussions [Archive]' started by Caelum, May 20, 2011.

1. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been hammering away at a free style at that painfully slow pace I get stuck in when not doing a paid style and in no hurry. Basically, I want some feedback

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most importantly...
    • What do you think of the blue gradient used on the category bar? Is it obscenely out of place, ugly, etc?
    • What do you think of the background? Toying with the idea of swapping it out for something else as the current one started out as a placeholder, just undecided as to what yet.
    • What do you think of the way I did the breadcrumb, and any idea what I should do with it instead
    • Am I overdoing on the shadows?
    • ...Anything else? o_o
    Note: HEAVILY WIP, lots of badwrong font colors, out of place colors, etc. It'll look far better in the final release, I promise. ;)

...But yeah, thoughts so far?

2. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

I think there are too many blue styles. I think you should change the blue gradient to something else. dont ask me what I don't know.

The background looks easy on the eyes and not bad. Keep it
    the breadcrumb is good as well
    Shadows dont work on IE right? So, keep them as well.

Caelum likes this.
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I am LOVING it so far. I do agree with Nasr - to a point. IMO, it does need a blue gradient, but not that blue. A more muted blue would look better.
    But that's just my opinion.

And he is right, we do need something besides blue!

Caelum likes this.
  4. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback :)
    Consider it done. I'll either throw on a semi-transparent gradient that'll let you define your own color using style properties or include several color-variations ;)

They work on IE9, not on <9 though.

Thanks, glad you guys don't hate every pixel of it to death. Feedback's much appreciated :)

Anyone else?

5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Oh heavens no! I am really loving the textured backgrounds, separation of posts, and the shadow making each section stand out. Absolutely!

trilogy33 and Caelum like this.
  6. trilogy33

trilogy33 Well-Known Member

Agree here with Peggy's sentiments.
    These organic styles I really do like. A kind of back to basics approach, for me work well. :cool:

Caelum and Peggy like this.
  7. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks. Guess I'll have no choice but to finish this one ;)

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

yayyyyy!

Caelum likes this.
  9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Caelum, how are you coming on this style?

10. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Things have been slow; been busy with a couple of paid clients recently. Nearly done though, expect to be seeing more very soon :)

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I will be waiting. :)

12. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Fine, fine. Three more teaser images, Expect the style to be up in a week at the very most. :p

Notes:
    • Category bar gradient will be very easily customizeable color-wise; a guide will be provided. Same gradient is used in other places (such as nav bar).
    • BILLIONS of font colors have not yet been touched. If any text looks hard to read or out of place, that probably just means I didn't get around to it yet. Won't be like that in the release version.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

yep yep I'm loving it!