1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Deselecting a checkbox doesn't uncheck "select all" in thread prefix permissions

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Stallyon, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Stallyon

Stallyon Active Member

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but I thought if I deselect one of the checkboxes for user permissions in the thread prefix, it would automatically deselect the "select all" checkbox. Just worried the select all button will override the deselected user permissions.

To reproduce: Create new thread prefix -> go to Forums and Permissions -> change the radio button from "All User Groups" to "Selected User Groups" -> deselect one of the other checkboxes for any group.

Browser: Google Chrome version 26.0.1410.64 m
    Xenforo: Version 1.1.4
    Other environments: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (client side) Apache 2.4.4, MySQL 5.5.30, PHP 5.3.23 (server side)

2. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

The Select All button is really only a placeholder for javascript to automatically check all user groups.

3. Stallyon

Stallyon Active Member

Yes, but it's confusing. It should be automatically deselected if one of the other boxes are deselected. This is how nearly every "select all" checkboxes work on other sites. If it's a JavaScript placeholder, surely JavaScript can also clear it if one of the others are selected?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've changed this for 1.2.