derived from usergroup

Is there already a way to create a group based on a previous user groups permissions?

It's frustrating to have to create 5 extra User Groups with no permissions and having to replicate them to what a "Registered" user has.

Thanks for the response.

I'll give an example though.

I have:

Administrator (Already pre-made with the forum)
Registered (Already pre-made with the forum)

But I want extra User Groups such as:

Server Administrators
Server Moderators
Support Team

But for that, I'd have to make each group manually and have to compare the group I'm making to Registered and have to make sure that the usergroup has the same permissions as Registered does, and then edit further to the extra permissions I want the user group to have.
It's a long frustrating process, which other forums have a 'inherit' feature.
The method you said wouldn't sort this would it?

---

Set everyone in the registered usergroup with the barebones permission that each user has.
Support team would build on the registered group, allowing the support permissions
Server moderators would build on the registered group giving the relevant permissions
Server administrators will build on administrators either allowing/removing permissions.

Set the permissions in the registered group to Not set (no) then in the relevant user groups, Allow the permission.

It can take a little while to get your head around permissions, but James has it spot on. Get into the mindset that permissions are cumulative and new groups only need contain permissions for the extra bits you want to add, and it starts to make sense.

Top Bottom