XF 2.1 Deny specific upgrade to certain usergroups.

Mr Lucky

I have some members who are potential troublemakers and are a usergroup. Some of my paid for upgrades remote to a group that has privileges I don't want this members to have, so I want to be able to deny (on a user group basis) those members.

Does anyone know if this can be done via an easy modification, or any add ons that might achieve what I want.

Thanks

Why not just set the privileges that you don't want the troublemakers' to have in their user group (I'm guessing you have a specific one for them)? Whilst it won't prevent them from purchasing a paid upgrade, it would at least prevent them from having the permissions from the upgrade you don't want them to have.

Why not just set the privileges that you don't want the troublemakers' to have in their user group (I'm guessing you have a specific one for them)? Whilst it won't prevent them from purchasing a paid upgrade, it would at least prevent them from having the permissions from the upgrade you don't want them to have.

Yes that would work for some things, but then I'd have to refund them when they don't get the advertised advantages they actually paid for.

The problem mostly woe have an upgrade for commercial members (ie those who have a business to promote). They get a banner called "commercial subscriber" and other users then know that they are allowed to do a certain amount of self promotion which normal members aren't allowed.

I can actually hide the link to upgrades in their user account, maybe the other thing would be totally deny access to the upgrade page via a conditional. That would probably work.

I can actually hide the link to upgrades in their user account, maybe the other thing would be totally deny access to the upgrade page via a conditional. That would probably work.

And in fact this does what I want. (although it denies all upgrades, not an issue in this case)

Sorted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom