XF 1.1 Demoting Moderator Problem

JABRONI

I seem to be having some trouble. I am trying to demote one of my moderators but he still has mod powers & says he is still a mod? His primary group is Registered Members...

ibfyZ.png

Ok, so I removed the custom user permissions and took him out of the moderating user group but he still is in the Staff Online Now box. What else do I need to do & how do I do it?

When I click on ACP > Users > Moderators, I have only one user showing: Me.

When I click on ACP > Users > Administrators, I have only one user showing: Me.

However, I have a user who, when I view his profile in ACP, it says Moderator next to his name:

ACP_Moderator_2012-05-02.webp

Now, this isn't actually causing any problems at present, but I just can't figure our how to remove his Moderator status!

I wish to control Moderator privileges by assigning Moderators to the applicable secondary user group (as per the ticked box in the image above), so would appreciate it if someone could let me know how to revert this user to a 'normal' user, please. :)

Thanks.

Are you sure that member is not a moderator either under super moderators or under content moderators?

Edit: Was your forum converted to xenforo?

Mod permissions can be assigned by group:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups

But the default behavior is to assign mod permission by user:

Admin CP -> Users -> Moderators

I wish to control Moderator privileges by assigning Moderators to the applicable secondary user group (as per the ticked box in the image above), so would appreciate it if someone could let me know how to revert this user to a 'normal' user, please. :)

Just remove him from the Moderating group. You can uncheck that box in his profile. But the default Moderating group doesn't actually grant mod permissions unless you have edited that group and given it mod permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups

I had this when I migrated from IPB; the user had been the moderator of a specific forum, rather than a global moderator. Are you sure they've never been given mod privs?

IIRC I solved it by adding the user as a moderator (using the left-side link in the ACP) then removing them again. (I reserve the right to be wrong on this though, it was six months ago now).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I had this when I migrated from IPB; the user had been the moderator of a specific forum, rather than a global moderator. Are you sure they've never been given mod privs?

IIRC I solved it by adding the user as a moderator (using the left-side link in the ACP) then removing them again. (I reserve the right to be wrong on this though, it was six months ago now).

Cheers,

Just tested this. This should fix it instead of having to run that query.

Edit: Was your forum converted to xenforo?
Indeed it was. In fact, I initially started to post this problem in the PunBB Importer thread, as I suspected it was because of malformed permissions as a result of the import!

Cheers,

Once again, you've proved yourself to be, as I believe the kids say these days, a "lej" - that has worked a treat!

Thanks very much to all who pitched in. :)

Top Bottom