XF 1.5 Deleting users and banning users

Tattooed Theist

So there was a revolt of hate happening on my site, I'm banning 5 members.

The first I deleted, but now all that happened was the info on their member card is gone, avatar is gone, which is great - but now their title says "guest" ?? Why?

How can I change this so when I delete a member it doesn't call them "guests" . I'd rather it say banned or something else.

How can I change this so when I delete a member it doesn't call them "guests" . I'd rather it say banned or something else.

Deleting and banning are two separate actions, deleting removes the user's information and leaves the posts as guest posts. Banning blocks them from accessing the site while logged into the account

They are no longer a member in the database, therefore the guest title is applied.

There are no options to change that - banning and adding to a user group with a title of "Banned" would achieve what you want.

They are no longer a member in the database, therefore the guest title is applied.

There are no options to change that - banning and adding to a user group with a title of "Banned" would achieve what you want.
Yeah that's what I ended up doing, I hoped that there was an option to change that. It's odd that guest is the default for a deleted user.

Thanks.

Top Bottom