XF 2.0 Deleting unused attachments

ElgrandOC

Hi all. I'm having an issue with server space at the moment and looking at clearing out some of my files.
I have installed an auto delete feature that removes old posts in chat sections that have not been commented on for a year. My question is, if anyone added an attachment in any of those posts... would the attachment file be deleted also? Or would the file remain in the file structure?

If the file remains... is there any way in which I can find attachments that are no longer linked to live posts within the forum and delete them?

The add on just deletes posts. I want to know if it's built into Xenforo to remove attachment files when a post is deleted or not.
The mention of the add-on was just to point out that I've implemented something to remove the old crap that we don't need any more. Unless Xenforo does it as standard and the add on by-passes that somehow (which seems counter-productive to me).

I don't know. Does Xenforo standards automatically delete attachments in posts? This is the point I am getting at. IF it does, then I will speak to the developer and see what the add on does.
But if Xenforo doesn't do it as standard, then there is no point asking the author!?

As Brogan already stated, "Attachments are deleted from the file system when posts they are attached to are hard deleted." .

This is how deleting from within XF is done. Only the addon author will know if they do it correctly in their addon.

Attachments are deleted from the file system when posts they are attached to are hard deleted.
As Brogan already stated, "Attachments are deleted from the file system when posts they are attached to are hard deleted." .

This is how deleting from within XF is done. Only the addon author will know if they do it correctly in their addon.
I am desperately trying to delete old attachments but 2.0 only seems to allow 20 at a time (check all on page) for 5 times, it then stops working.
can someone please look into this, my system is clogged with 1000's of old attachments, and there doesn't seem to be any way to do more "mass" deletions.

Top Bottom