XF 1.2 Deleting thousands of threads problem?

SW48

So my xenforo message board is periodically slow the last 3 weeks. Other times it is normal speed as it has been for months without issues.

One of the solutions here at the xenforo troubleshooting forum was to delete posts because the board has just over 1,000,000 posts.

About 2 weeks ago I deleted all of 2011's threads. Now each day I have less total posts than the previous day eventhough we add about 650 posts per day.

Is it possible that two weeks later the xenforo 2011 threads deleted that I kicked off is still deleting the posts and that is causing the periodic slowdowns I am seeing?

Thanks for any insight,
DW

A task like that only runs in the "foreground". As in, when it's being run explicitly in a browser.

You should consider running the thread and forum info rebuild to ensure that the counts are correct.

A task like that only runs in the "foreground". As in, when it's being run explicitly in a browser.

You should consider running the thread and forum info rebuild to ensure that the counts are correct.

that is what it seemed like. a popup came up and it ran some sort of counter and then like a half hour later it was done.

But the post count has gone down every day which makes me think its still deleting and possibly causing the periodic slowdown on the message board which noone has been able to explain.

I will run the "thread and forum info rebuild" as you suggested.

I did the forum info rebuild. It took just a few seconds and whatever count was counting it went to 37.

The current post count is at 998756 which is 800 less than this morning when I checked.

Top Bottom