XF 1.1 Deleting the attachment via Attachment browser @ Admin doesn't remove the file on the server

rdn

I manually deleted the attachment greater than 2mb file size...

Using the attachment browser:
/admin.php?attachments/

But when I look at the server file manager:
/public_html/internal_data/attachments/0

Still their are 2mb+ filesize..
What I did is, I manually deleted all the xxxxxx.data file.

How can I rebuild the attachment, to automatically remove the orphaned xxxxx.data file on the server.

/public_html/internal_data/attachments/ - chmod 777
/public_html/internal_data/attachments/0 - chmod 777
/public_html/internal_data/attachments/0/xxx.data files - chmod 644 (Should I set them all to 777)

There is an hourly cron that runs which prunes unassociated and unused attachments. When you delete the attachment it simply decrements the counter which indicates how many attachments use that data file. Then the hourly cron checks for attachment data records which are used by 0 attachments and then physically deletes those data files.

So just give it an hour. The data files should be automatically deleted.

There is an hourly cron that runs which prunes unassociated and unused attachments. When you delete the attachment it simply decrements the counter which indicates how many attachments use that data file. Then the hourly cron checks for attachment data records which are used by 0 attachments and then physically deletes those data files.

So just give it an hour. The data files should be automatically deleted.
/public_html/internal_data/attachments/0/xxx.data files - chmod 644 (Should I set them all to 777)

I was wondering about this stuff too, because I have some threads where there is supposed to be attachments, but only shows "links" to them, and clicking those links to attachments gives me 404 errors. So I just deleted those threads.. Lol! I was wondering if some were just floating around though, either in database or internal_data and Data folders... I'd rather NOT be hosting hundreds, or thousands worth of MBs of attachments that aren't attached no where. haha

Top Bottom