XF 2.2 Deleting members - can you undelete?

Jon12345

I have a member who wants me to delete their account. Can I delete them, and then later on if they change their mind, give them their account back?

I have a member who wants me to delete their account. Can I delete them, and then later on if they change their mind, give them their account back?
I just put them in a usergroup called account closed which has no permissions to do anything, shows an account closed banner and I remove all profile data

or just ban them with reason self requested ban

Yeah. Depends upon what they want to happen to their content. If they want content gone, there is no point in restoring an account at a later stage. If they are fine with content remaining... just change the email id to something random (even empty works I believe if you do it from admin panel). Rename the user. And that should be it. the worst thing you might have to do is to do a find and replace in post content table if they want their mentions gone too.

Batch update threads can soft delete threads from an individual user. Search and soft delete should work for posts. Spam cleaner can be used to soft delete instead of hard delete if number of posts are low.

If the User is from the EU, you should really delete him. If he wants to come back, he can create a new one.
I never delete Users Posts, this is not neccesary and will break so many disussions.

I suggested exactly this a while back - and got zero support.

Personally, I think this is highly desirable, whether it be for reasons of
  • member changed their mind or
  • Admin messed up or
  • other
Doesn't matter.

If you support - "like" to my suggestion.

In the meantime you can set the User Account to "Disabled", which prevents all access (= "guest") and is non-desructive and reversible.

Top Bottom