XF 2.0 Deleting Member Information

Vanjoe

If I wanted to remove a member's personal information. IP addresses and emails. What would be the best way to go about it? A full removal, where the information is removed from the logs, edited profile field history, posts and so on.

Replacing the data with dummy data would be fine too.

That's a built-in feature of XF2.
  1. Search for username in the AdminCP
  2. Click the Delete button at the top right
  3. Choose the option to attribute posts to "Deleted member 123456" or a fictitious name of your own choosing. It could even be the original; member name if it's non-identifying.
Done.

I would like to keep the member's account so they can login again if they choose to do so. I'd like to only delete or replace their old IPs and emails. Even if through a SQL query.

I would like to keep the member's account so they can login again if they choose to do so. I'd like to only delete or replace their old IPs and emails. Even if through a SQL query.
An IP is like an address. To my belief, you can not change this unless you have another computer or use a VPN. However, with email, you can change this via when editing members account.

Edit: You may be able to try this; https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-do-i-delete-my-forums-stored-ip-addresses.153022/

Top Bottom