XF 1.1 Deleting mass spam

Ehren

Hi everyone,

A few months ago, I had a huge influx of spam on my forum. I changed the permissions of a node so it required manual approval of topics. A couple of weeks later, I checked back and saw 1,000+ pages of unapproved spam topics.

I deleted the entire node from the admin cpanel (which also removed the topics), but it seems like they're all still in the database. The main reason I think this is that the database backup is still the same file size, even after deleting the node.

Can anyone confirm/deny if topics are deleted from the database after clicking the following button:
Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 10.27.24 AM.webp

If they're not deleted, is there a way I can remove them from the database? There are roughly 25,000 spam threads which I'd rather not have, especially considering I only have 2,800 regular posts. :)

Thanks.

When nodes are deleted the nodes and threads within them no longer exist (in 1.2.).

So if I delete a node all the threads within will be deleted from the database? I'm converting a friend's vBulletin forum which has close to a million useless threads, we haven't found an easy way to mass delete them and make the database size smaller, this would be the perfect solution, although I'm sure deleting a single forum with a million threads would be impossible.

Top Bottom