Partial fix Deleting and Restoring a thread can increase users likes.

Sumo

I have only checked user likes but this could have an impact on other things such as posts, etc.

1. Delete a thread with a liked post in it.
2. Using the inline mod tools select the thread and select the undelete option. This causes the undelete form to be submitted however if you hit the go button as well (you can press it multiple times) it will send the form more than once.
3. Once it has been submitted view the user's likes again and they will be increased.

In case of a large thread or slow server this can take some time, causing the button to be hit multiple times as you wait for it to respond if you are impatient.

The mod logs will also look something like this.
dd1db5.png

I am having trouble reproducing this, but it probably requires a large thread and/or slow server as you said.

The easiest solution would be to prevent multiple submissions in the first place by disabling the form upon the first submission. Some javascript should take care of that.

I am having trouble reproducing this, but it probably requires a large thread and/or slow server as you said.

The easiest solution would be to prevent multiple submissions in the first place by disabling the form upon the first submission. Some javascript should take care of that.

Yes the thread that it was done on contained 5.5k posts. I have tried several smaller threads and it does not work with them.

The partial fix here is to make it impossible to submit the inline mod form while an action is running (which I have done).

Top Bottom