Deleting Addons

JamesBrown

When you delete addons that have added tables to the database, does the uninstall remove the tables as well as the files? Thanks

If the add-on has been written correctly, it should remove all traces from the database.

Server files will generally not be removed - they must be manually deleted.

Really need a method to identify server ( library/ ) files that are not related to core or any installed add-ons.
I agree, This could cause security issues. Leaving old unused files is not really a good idea. I try to remove them, but sometimes they have files in multiple locations so it's not always easy.

I agree, This could cause security issues. Leaving old unused files is not really a good idea. I try to remove them, but sometimes they have files in multiple locations so it's not always easy.
I keep a copy of any add-ons on my computer. When uninstalling I just look at the contents of the add-on on my computer and then delete the corresponding files and folders on the server. They are generally easy to find too as add-ons haven't their own folders in library, js and styles directories.

I agree it would be good to have a simpler uninstallation process.

I keep a copy of any add-ons on my computer. When uninstalling I just look at the contents of the add-on on my computer and then delete the corresponding files and folders on the server. They are generally easy to find too as add-ons haven't their own folders in library, js and styles directories.

I agree it would be good to have a simpler uninstallation process.
I do it the same way. (y)

Top Bottom