1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Addons

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by JamesBrown, Jan 27, 2016.

1. JamesBrown

JamesBrown Well-Known Member

When you delete addons that have added tables to the database, does the uninstall remove the tables as well as the files? Thanks
    whynot likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If the add-on has been written correctly, it should remove all traces from the database.

Server files will generally not be removed - they must be manually deleted.
    JamesBrown likes this.
  3. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Really need a method to identify server ( library/ ) files that are not related to core or any installed add-ons.
    Fred. likes this.
  4. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I agree, This could cause security issues. Leaving old unused files is not really a good idea. I try to remove them, but sometimes they have files in multiple locations so it's not always easy.
    Mouth likes this.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I keep a copy of any add-ons on my computer. When uninstalling I just look at the contents of the add-on on my computer and then delete the corresponding files and folders on the server. They are generally easy to find too as add-ons haven't their own folders in library, js and styles directories.

I agree it would be good to have a simpler uninstallation process.
  6. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I do it the same way. (y)
  7. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

8. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member