1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Deleted Users "Likes"

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Pereira, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

This thread had likes from a deleted user (floris). The original username was showing before the post was liked again recently. After it was "Liked", the following text shows in place of the username.

This may be intentional, however it seems quite inconsistent regardless.
    Grover likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It is intentional. It's only showing from before due to a cache (that would be rebuilt if it could be easily).
    Slavik and Pereira like this.
  3. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I have reported this as inconsistent a long long time ago and Mike improved on it.
    However on a deleted user, it still works/looks a bit strange..... I would want to get rid of the text "deleted user" as it does not look inviting to show other members that a user has left my community.....
    Brandon Sheley and 14DH01 like this.
  4. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

Is there any way to clear a deleted users likes?
  5. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I was just thinking the same - if the user account is deleted, is there any need to keep the likes? Can't they simply be removed?
  6. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

It depends on cases. Each post has a likes field, that store total like count for that post. It's complicated to subtract this count if some liked user is being deleted. It is possible but maybe they avoid this. The same case if an custom addon is using likes, XF cannot subtract this field for this addon (as currently) so "deleted user" is here to handle that.
  7. erich37

8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. erich37

this thread..........

........ is an interesting example, as it seems there is something strange at the AJAX.

see what I mean by doing this:
    click "Like" at the first post.

now click "Unlike" at the first post.

Do you see what happens, if you do not "refresh" the page ?

All "Likes" suddenly disappear......... even the one of the "deleted user".
  10. alexD

alexD Active Member