Delete Users

Delete Users 1.3

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Delete Users - Delete users with zero posts and no activity over 365 days.

Description:

Delete users with zero posts and no activity over 365 days.

Now you may ask why not use the Batch Update Users function in the Admin Control Panel, here are a few reasons:
  1. The many options can be confusing.
  2. Setting dates require dozens of clicks.
  3. A mistake can delete all your users.
The Delete Users v1.0 add-on makes deleting inactive users easy and safe.

(Example of Delete Users page)

View attachment 114903

(Example of Options page)...

Read more about this resource...

Hello. It would be nice as suggested before to delete users with some posts that haven't logged on in a year
And sending them an email I would suggest also

Thanks for the addon!

Thank you for this addon, maybe you can integrate an E-Mail function, so that the affected users will receive an email to have the chance to show activity in board before the deletion will start.
It would be ideal, if the board's administrator can change the Mail's content and also the moment, where the add-on mails the affected users.

E.g., 30 days before cancellation the user receive this mail automatically, sent by your addon:

-----
Dear $user,

due to prolonged inactivity in our forum, your account will be deleted on $date.
In order to avoid deletion, please log-in to your account and show activity in our forum.

After the deadline $x days, your account will be deleted irrevocably.
-----

$date in my example = 20th Oct 15
$x in my example = 30 days

This would be grandiose!

Unable to run the syntax url.tld/deleteusers or url.tld/index.php?deleteusers just getting error 500, have checked permissions and options and everything is fine, administrative group has the powers, the default admincp options have been set

Unable to run the syntax url.tld/deleteusers or url.tld/index.php?deleteusers just getting error 500, have checked permissions and options and everything is fine, administrative group has the powers, the default admincp options have been set
Cannot Thank @AndyB enough for everything he has done today to help us achieve the intended goal, we are now in the process of removing over 192,000 inactive members from our boards these have gathered over a period of 10 years and you didn't realise the extents of it until you came across this tool that at first didn't work, but with the aid of Andy has been updated to simplify the task needed and provide better performance. I applaud you for your dedication and hard work on this and for releasing the update so quickly.

Hello Andy!
First of all great addon for XF.
I have a request...
For the people who use a "New Member 1st post" type Addon. We need a setting ignoring that 1st post which counts as a post.

Just used this, and had some curious numbers.

Before installing, my board stats said I had 31,574 members
Setting up the plug-in, it said there were 23,778 inactive members.
Which suggested there are only 8k active members.

Fine.

Plug-in settings were to remove 10,000 members max.
After running the plugin, board stats say I have 15,535 members.

So running the plug-in with a 10k max has removed 16k members.

And though it previously said 8k were active, it now thinks 15k are.

Did I misunderstand something??

I know its a free extension, but why place a limit on the deletion time?
Users are downloading this extension for some need and may require more say in the days of deletion.

Hi

Is there any way of changing the number of conversations to 1? We send a welcome PM to every new member and I had wanted to clear out all the ones that never returned/not visited in the last 12 months, and never posted. problem is they all have 1 conversation so it won't happen.

thanks

Not able to install it, it is saying:"
Could not process deleteusers_v1.3.zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected.
"

Top Bottom