Delete User IPs [Deleted]

Bill Arf

Bill Arf submitted a new resource:

Delete User IPs - Remove user IP records for user history.

View attachment 205048

Delete User IPs
This add-on allows you to remove the IP addresses for specific user/s from Admin CP.

Features:
  • Remove specific IP address
  • Remove all IP addresses at once (bulk remove).
Also If you need more modifications, feel free to PM me.

Installation
  1. Upload the content of the upload-folder to your XenForo root...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Bill,

Is there any chance you can make this system-wide to run every hour. That is to say, to delete all IP's from every user, once per hour?

Cheers.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
Add-ons removed by XenForo Limited for failing to comply with the Resource Standards. If you are using this add-on, please disable or uninstall it immediately.

Cheeky :p

I meant the specific reason as to what made them delete it. Was it something small, or was it something malicious? My dealings with Bill have been good, so it would suck if there is something like a backdoor built into the addon or something similar. Which is why I am wondering if it is (hopefully) something small.

The coding was junk, bordering insecure, and just shady. I do believe that he was Alex.D and came back under a different alias.

Reactions: jul
My dealings with Bill have been good, so it would suck if there is something like a backdoor built into the addon or something similar.
We would have made that more clear. There was nothing malicious.

That said, some of the code I did see was not pretty and was not insecure almost by chance.

If you’d like me to review this particular add-on (probably not in-depth) please send me a copy via Conversation and I’ll take a look.

We would have made that more clear. There was nothing malicious.

That said, some of the code I did see was not pretty and was not insecure almost by chance.

If you’d like me to review this particular add-on (probably not in-depth) please send me a copy via Conversation and I’ll take a look.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for that very kind offer, but I think it will just be easier to have it re-written properly as junk-code should not be used anywhere.

Thanks.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for that very kind offer, but I think it will just be easier to have it re-written properly as junk-code should not be used anywhere.

Thanks.

You really should let him look at it just to be sure. The code might be sound in this addon.

You really should let him look at it just to be sure. The code might be sound in this addon.

I normally would, as well as compensate him for his efforts. However, I will not be using any of the addons from this developer regardless of the findings. The reason is, since this developer isn't known to me, his addons would have been looked over by a dev I have worked with for many years (@Aayush). So, it would have come to light anyway. It just is by sheer luck (on my part) that this happened, as it just means I didn't need to hire Aayush to audit his code. @ChrisD's word is fact - no need to consider he is wrong. So if Chris says it's no good - then it's no good.

EDIT: Just to add, the only reason I hired Bill in the first place is because Aayush has a lot of work to do which I have hired him for, so smaller addons would have been nice to get done by a different dev to not slow him down. It just sucks a bit because I had Bill code another small addon and now I am seeing if he will refund.

Top Bottom