XF 1.5 Delete the index before rebuilding ?

Surendra.S

I just completed installing XenForo and importing of data from vBulletin to XenForo.

In the end, it was mentioned that I should Rebuild the search index.

My doubts :

1) When I go to Tools > Rebuild Caches

I can see an option : Delete the index before rebuilding

What does it mean ? Should I select that or leave it unselected ?

2) I just tried to use SEARCH feature in my website. It seems to be working fine and displaying search results. So do I still need to perform the Rebuild Search Index task ?

3) I can see other options like Rebuild XML Sitemap, Rebuild Thread Information, Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails... Do I need to perform those tasks as well ?

I'm not sure why there's even an option to not delete the index, if your going to rebuild the search you would want to start with an empty search table table.

I'm not sure why there's even an option to not delete the index, if your going to rebuild the search you would want to start with an empty search table table.
Thank You Andy.

The SEARCH feature in my website seems to be working fine and displaying search results.
Thats why I am in doubt if I have to do the rebuild or not ?

I just completed installing XenForo and importing of data from vBulletin to XenForo.

In the end, it was mentioned that I should Rebuild the search index.

My doubts :

2) I just tried to use SEARCH feature in my website. It seems to be working fine and displaying search results. So do I still need to perform the Rebuild Search Index task ?

3) I can see other options like Rebuild XML Sitemap, Rebuild Thread Information, Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails... Do I need to perform those tasks as well ?

@Chris D @Brogan Your inputs will help, as I completed Import and waiting on this Rebuild task, before opening my forum to public.

Just rebuild the search index. No need to delete first. Some stuff might have been indexed automatically during import but no harm in doing it to ensure indexing is complete.

Just rebuild the search index. No need to delete first. Some stuff might have been indexed automatically during import but no harm in doing it to ensure indexing is complete.
Thank You so much @Chris D

Done it successfully and Search feature seem to be working fine.

I can see other somany options like Rebuild XML Sitemap, Rebuild Thread Information, Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails...
Do I need to perform those tasks as well ?

Top Bottom