1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 delete account - didn't delete user threads/posts

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by SnoSheriff, Apr 24, 2015.

1. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

I deleted UserX account but I still can see UserX posts in the forums. I expected the system to remove those posts but that's not the case. Those post now show with UserX name as a 'guest'. How do I find and remove all of these posts?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Deleting a user does not delete their content.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is text which tells you the content won't be deleted:
    upload_2015-4-24_20-16-39.png

It's not possible to delete the content after you have deleted the member, you should delete the content first.

Amaury likes this.
  4. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

Looks like the WILL NOT wasn't clear enough. LOL. Too bad there is no way to do that after you delete the user. Would be a good feature to have.

In the future, what's the best way to delete the content first?

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Batch Update Threads will delete all threads.

The Spam Cleaner will delete all content (although it's not strictly designed for that).

6. Harpers Tate

Harpers Tate Well-Known Member

My recommendation here would be to never actually delete accounts.
    Instead, depersonalise them (change username, remove data) as necessary, and ban them.
    It then leaves them in place as a key to find and/or manage content. And as a point of reference in case the deleted account re-appears