XF 1.5 Delete a Report

I think there should be an option to delete outdated reports. What purpose for to keep 2-3 or more old reports? Deleting them means less database size

I think there should be an option to delete outdated reports. What purpose for to keep 2-3 or more old reports? Deleting them means less database size
Old reports can be useful to refer to in the future, especially if you have a member who repeatedly misbehaves. Reports won't take up much database space, less so than posts and threads as they are plain text.

Hello. I have this same question, but with something added. Since the developers don't include an option to delete old reports and since Martok indicates they are saved in case they need to be referred back to, my question is this:

How would one search through hundred of old reports for that one that might someday be needed to be referred to? I see no way to search through pages of old reports and if I can't, then there really is no reason to keep them, is there?

You can search by the user that owns the content being reported. That is the primary approach. Conversely, you can use this with whatever sort of notes you may track users with (such as warning comments).

Too complicated and convoluted for me. I'll never understand why it can't just be a straight-forward search of the reports or even better delete selected, useless reports. Anyway, since there's no way to do what I want (delete useless reports), this can be closed.

Top Bottom