Defend XenForo site hacked/down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting doom and gloom emails about kier/mike/ashley deleting posts concerning what now seems to be 4 lawsuits and how they are trying to keep the truth of things away from customers and potential customers. How this is not cool of them, how XF has no future, blah blah blah.

My take is that if you purchase XF and you had any knowledge of the situation with vB then you should have known that this was a possibility. And you really shouldnt be crying about it and in essence trying to kill XF's business.

It sucks that its people that have been all gung ho about XF who are now doing this.
Some of the same people who would once chastise you for wondering aloud about price points and other business issues and then try to paint you as someone who was bashing the deve team when you werent.... are now the first ones to line up against the dev team and get just as vehemently opposed to them as they once were behind.

Sycophants can sometimes become the worst of antagonists.

Im getting doom and gloom emails about kier/mike/ashley deleting posts concerning what now seems to be 4 lawsuits and how they are trying to keep the truth of things away from customers and potential customers. How this is not cool of them, how XF has no future, blah blah blah. <snip>
I certainly would not read more into it and would honor their request not to discuss it.

Im getting doom and gloom emails about kier/mike/ashley deleting posts concerning what now seems to be 4 lawsuits and how they are trying to keep the truth of things away from customers and potential customers. How this is not cool of them, how XF has no future, blah blah blah.

My take is that if you purchase XF and you had any knowledge of the situation with vB then you should have known that this was a possibility. And you really shouldnt be crying about it and in essence trying to kill XF's business.

It sucks that its people that have been all gung ho about XF who are now doing this.
Some of the same people who would once chastise you for wondering aloud about price points and other business issues and then try to paint you as someone who was bashing the deve team when you werent.... are now the first ones to line up against the dev team and get just as vehemently opposed to them as they once were behind.

The request is not to discuss the legal matters, we are respecting that as I would with anyone facing the same issues. Speculation is a waste of everyone's time when we should be focusing on the positives of moving Xen along in our various projects. Are you sure you are not getting confused with how many lawsuits IB are involved in rather than xenForo?

I certainly would not read more into it and would honor their request not to discuss it.
Now thats a silly thing to say.
You are asking me to both not talk about it and not even try to learn about it, seriously?
Talk about fanboy much.
Geez, im on the side of "its silly to get worked up about XF being sued", but posts like that almost force me to take the other side of the argument.
But i wont, because im having a blast with XF, and the legal issues are something out of my control.
And i dont worry about things i cant control.

I havent even tried to look into it at all. Whatever ends up happening ill be ok.
People get too worked up over this kind of thing.
XF will be fine, and if its not... well thats what import scripts are for.

Now thats a silly thing to say.
You are asking me to both not talk about it and not even try to learn about it, seriously?
EXACTLY what I am asking.
I am under the impression that it is not to be discussed here.
Perhaps I read more into it?

I do believe it's in the best interest of everyone to let the people who are professionally involved with the case handle it. Sometimes people forget that this site is still a business and a business needs to be protected. If that means that some discussions are unwanted then this should be respected. I too got a 'friendly warning' from a member today which is probably the same one Ruven is talking about. Why he feels the need to talk about it in public, I'm not sure.

As the site in question is back up and it has been requested that the case is not discussed, this thread has served its purpose.

I know that this thread is closed but I wanted to say one final thing here...

First of all I sympathize with you Ruven. I'm receiving emails as well as pc's. Even got a phone call late last night! :eek:

But here is a fact... no one is trying to keep the "truth" away from customers or anyone else. The fact is, there's simply nothing to tell. But people being human, can't help but gossip, speculate, flat out lie (not saying anyone is doing this, but............).

It really is a shame that those who once backed these guys are the loudest naysayers now.
But it happens all the time, unfortunately.

It has been asked that the lawsuit not be discussed here simply and ONLY because this is a company site, and that's what the forum is for - company business - the business of selling and supporting XenForo and its customers, both present and future.

Thank you all for respecting that request. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom