Lack of interest Default values when creating an add-on

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Jake B.

Code:
Enter an ID for this add-on: Foo/Bar

Enter a title: Some add-on that does things

Enter a version ID. This integer will be used for internal version comparisons. Each release of your add-on should increase this number:  1000011

Version string set to: 1.0.0 Alpha 1

Does this add-on supersede a XenForo 1 add-on? (y/n) n
Should this add-on be enabled? (y/n) y

Add-on created successfully. Should the addon.json file be written out to /Users/jakebooher/Sites/xf2/src/addons/Foo/Bar/addon.json? (y/n) y

The addon.json file was successfully written out to /Users/jakebooher/Sites/xf2/src/addons/Foo/Bar/addon.json

Does your add-on need a Setup file? (y/n) y

Does your Setup need to support running multiple steps? (y/n) y

So for the most part, the first 3 questions make sense without a default value (arguably, even having 1000011 for the version ID could potentially make sense)

But for the rest IMO there should be a default value, and the values I used when creating this example are pretty much identical to every other add-on I've created (with the possible exception of "Does this add-on supersede a XenForo 1 add-on?" which I think makes sense to default to no.

Bit of a silly suggestion since it would save a matter of seconds, but being able to press enter through all of them would definitely be nice :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom