XF 2.2 Creating an add-on from the admin cp

JoyFreak

With XF1 I remember you could create an add-on directly from the admin cp and was wondering if there is a way to do this without having to download additional apps on your device. Is there a simple way to create an add-on without all that fuss?

With XF1 I remember you could create an add-on directly from the admin cp and was wondering if there is a way to do this without having to download additional apps on your device. Is there a simple way to create an add-on without all that fuss?
I don't think the "add-on" capability that you may be implying was EVER enabled via the ACP. You could do some more simple stuff (like template modifications that carried forward on upgrades)... but when the complexity rose, the ACP template type modifications would not suffice. It simply required extension... and those ere usually by PHP/JS files.

By activating the development mode you have access to many tools for the creation of an add-on in the ACP.
But first you will have to go through a command line like
Code:
$ php cmd.php xf-addon:create
It will create the add-on in ACP >> Add-ons then you can work on it.

By activating the development mode you have access to many tools for the creation of an add-on in the ACP.
But first you will have to go through a command line like
Code:
$ php cmd.php xf-addon:create
It will create the add-on in ACP >> Add-ons then you can work on it.

Where would I run this command line ?

If you come to a point where you don't like creating all of those files yourself and would like to use the CLI for addon creation you should be able to just ssh into your server and run the php commands there.

You could actually use php callback to write "addons" that integrate as a full node ("page" node type) or to integrate code/content into the widget. Both widgets and pages can do "php callbacks".

This way, you could "write your addon in admincp". You would have to manually write the php callback file (as in xf 1) and you could not transfer the addon (to another forum) easily.

Top Bottom