Fixed Default smiley spritesheet - thumbs up cleanup needed!

Alien

When viewing the spritesheet on a dark background, you will notice all smilies in the xenforo-smilies-sprite.png file look great EXCEPT thumbs up. ;) It's been that way for quite a few releases it would seem, can we get that cleaned up like the others so it looks great on dark backgrounds?

Here's an example:

smiley_thumbs_up_bug.webp

Thanks!

When viewing the spritesheet on a dark background, you will notice all smilies in the xenforo-smilies-sprite.png file look great EXCEPT thumbs up. ;) It's been that way for quite a few releases it would seem, can we get that cleaned up like the others so it looks great on dark backgrounds?

Here's an example:

View attachment 56778

Thanks!

I've reported this, Fixed it on the psd over 2 years ago and sent the updated psd over 2 years ago it's been like that since basically since day1. :D

Screenshot_2.webp

Here's an example:

View attachment 56778

Thanks!

Try this spritesheet (backup your old one) since this is an old backup and unsure at a glance if the coordinates are correct (they should be) but just to be safe keep a backup of your existing sprite. You'll notice the smilies "cool" was updated and I'm sure i made some minor refinements to some others.

xenforo-smilies-sprite.webp PNG-8 Optimised

On the subject of the smiles them self, were these created for xF? As I noticed Burning Board is now using them too..

screenshot.html

They are created exclusively for XF which Xenforo hold the rights to. It's really down to xenforo to contact the site owner and take action even if they deem it worth taking action. That said, it probably promotes xenforo more than it does harm to them, who knows.

But you know what people are like, if you layed down a fresh turd they would scoop that from under you and steal it before it hits the ground. *shrugs*
On the subject of the smiles them self, were these created for xF? As I noticed Burning Board is now using them too..

screenshot.html

Try this spritesheet (backup your old one) since this is an old backup and unsure at a glance if the coordinates are correct (they should be) but just to be safe keep a backup of your existing sprite. You'll notice the smilies "cool" was updated and I'm sure i made some minor refinements to some others.

View attachment 56864 PNG-8 Optimised

I noticed that the one contained here had some rough edges, where the original one did not...

The one Mike updated fixed the thumbs smiley underline problem, but he did not replace it with the updated images contained in this spritesheet.

I'll show you a difference on a dark background, so you can see the jaggies (especially visible on EEK and Cool, Big Grin, & Confused smilies). I've made the screenshots X5 bigger to be helpful.

ORIGINAL (GOOD):

smiley_bug_original.webp

UPDATE (JAGGIES):

smiley_bug_jaggies.webp

I noticed that the one contained here had some rough edges, where the original one did not...

The one Mike updated fixed the thumbs smiley underline problem, but he did not replace it with the updated images contained in this spritesheet.

I'll show you a difference on a dark background, so you can see the jaggies (especially visible on EEK and Cool, Big Grin, & Confused smilies). I've made the screenshots X5 bigger to be helpful.

ORIGINAL (GOOD):

View attachment 58273

UPDATE (JAGGIES):

View attachment 58274

Yeah with png-8 I know Kier is using some mac program which really does a better job than the software I used (fireworks) at smoothing out the edging. I've passed on the updated file to Mike and Kier so you will probably see an update with regards to that soon though Mike or Kier would need to clarify if/when that will be.

Top Bottom