XF 1.2 Default Secondary User Group

Slind

hey,

if a user registered an account he is as default in group "Registered", so how can I make it so that the users have also a default secendory group?

For example: User registered an account and is in the group "Registered" and in the secendory group "Member" as default.

Why not grant the permissions from "Member" to "Registered"?

Doing what you want requires an addon. Or perhaps setup a promotion, but then the addition of the new group may be slightly delayed:

Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Promotions

Why not grant the permissions from "Member" to "Registered"?s
I want that all users are in the group registered so I don't need to set the permissions for every group. The group Member would only add an custom banner to the users. If I would set the banner for the registered group then all users would have this banner what I don't want.

Doing what you want requires an addon. Or perhaps setup a promotion, but then the addition of the new group may be slightly delayed:

Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Promotions
I already looked in the promotions but if I make it so that the player get promoted if he is in group registered, then it would also happen to the staff teamm or not?
And with which trigger does the forum run the promotion on the users?

I want that all users are in the group registered so I don't need to set the permissions for every group. The group Member would only add an custom banner to the users. If I would set the banner for the registered group then all users would have this banner what I don't want.
yes, but for the banners you can use the priority settings in the groups to display only the higher priority. Just set Members to have a higher priority than registered group and then staff to have even higher than member.

yes, but for the banners you can use the priority settings in the groups to display only the higher priority. Just set Members to have a higher priority than registered group and then staff to have even higher than member.
I know but all staff members have 2 groups in our forum and every group has an banner. So it would show all 3 banners or only one. :(

I know but all staff members have 2 groups in our forum and every group has an banner. So it would show all 3 banners or only one. :(
No, there is a setting in the ACP to only display one. If you want staff to show then enable it and then you can style it.
There is no built in ability to pick & choose like what I think you are wanting.
This what I use on all 3 of my forums and it only shows the highest one.
screenshot.webp

No, there is a setting in the ACP to only display one. If you want staff to show then enable it and then you can style it.
There is no built in ability to pick & choose like what I think you are wanting.
This what I use on all 3 of my forums and it only shows the highest one.
View attachment 72098
I already have this setup:
NnPebG1.png

But it shows also the banner from the registered group

Can you show an image of what you ARE wanting. You should be able to restyle the Staff to reflect what you want.
With the built in banners, you can either do one of the below
  1. Show Staff and all stacked banners
  2. Show Staff and individual banner
  3. Show Stacked banners
  4. Show individual (highest priority) banner
You are NOT going to be able to pick 2 out of the user group settings to display (maybe you could with some serious template edits) but by default you will not be able to.
Is there a reason you can't restyle the Staff banner to be what you want? You don't have to make them "staff" but just select the option in their user profile in the ACP to show them as staff (unless you are using Staff for actual staff)

Can you show an image of what you ARE wanting. You should be able to restyle the Staff to reflect what you want.
With the built in banners, you can either do one of the below
  1. Show Staff and all stacked banners
  2. Show Staff and individual banner
  3. Show Stacked banners
  4. Show individual (highest priority) banner
You are NOT going to be able to pick 2 out of the user group settings to display (maybe you could with some serious template edits) but by default you will not be able to.
Is there a reason you can't restyle the Staff banner to be what you want? You don't have to make them "staff" but just select the option in their user profile in the ACP to show them as staff (unless you are using Staff for actual staff)
Some examples:

User 1:
Group: Registered, Admin, Team 1
Banner: Administrator & Team 1

User 2:
Group: Registered
Banner: Member

User 3:
Group: Registered, Mod, Team 2, Team 3
Banner: Moderator, Team 2, Team 3

Maybe this helps to understand what I want?

Last edited:
Custom code will be required.
I'm pretty sure that add-on I related will do it (or the free one). There was one that you could define based upon factors like that, but I quit using it about 8 months ago.

Custom code will be required.
I'm pretty sure that add-on I related will do it (or the free one). There was one that you could define based upon factors like that, but I quit using it about 8 months ago.
Hmm, somehow it doesn't installs the template modifications for me.
Where is the difference between User Rank Images and User Rank Ribbon btw?

Maybe @Daniel 'RTRD' could reply here and tell me if this is possible with the addon :)

Hmm, somehow it doesn't installs the template modifications for me.
Where is the difference between User Rank Images and User Rank Ribbon btw?
One uses images and one uses CSS? Like I said, it's been a long time ago since I used it. It may not have even been that one that allowed you to assign based upon criteria similar to what you are wanting. I've got a feeling it will be a somewhat complicated add-on and will probably add load to your site with extra DB calls.

Top Bottom