Default Avatars [Paid] [Deleted]

great stuff !

I forgot now how this is working in XF..... but can a user who did not confirm his E-mail-address during registration, actually see the Avatar-images of other members ?

Anyway, this Add-on is a great idea!

is it possible with this Addon to deny usergroup "Unregistered Members" from seeing any user-avatar, but not show any options to the user at the Frontend ?
I just want to hide user-photos from guests, but do not want to offer my members to show their avatars to guests.

Many thanks!

is it possible with this Addon to deny usergroup "Unregistered Members" from seeing any user-avatar, but not show any options to the user at the Frontend ?
I just want to hide user-photos from guests, but do not want to offer my members to show their avatars to guests.

Many thanks!
No sorry. But you should give members the choice if they want to display their avatar to Guests or not.

I'm using this as well, as you know on my forum, but it hasn't effected my site. I did have an issue with my site being very slow recently, but it was due to another add-on which I have now disabled.
Which one was it? I only know that this makes it slow when this addon is enabled. Maybe it's clashing with another addon.

This slowed my site down considerably.

On:
View attachment 58920

Off:
View attachment 58919
With something that extreme, it'll be worth investigating a little bit further.

I have previously seen an add-on cause another add-on's queries to constantly re-run.

I would guess that if there's that many queries running that most of those will be duplicate queries. Could you click on the timing link and get the full debug output? Either post the full list here or post the query/queries that keeps getting repeated.

As ever, it would be interesting to see if disabling all other add-ons will stop the add-on from using as many queries.

With something that extreme, it'll be worth investigating a little bit further.

I have previously seen an add-on cause another add-on's queries to constantly re-run.

I would guess that if there's that many queries running that most of those will be duplicate queries. Could you click on the timing link and get the full debug output? Either post the full list here or post the query/queries that keeps getting repeated.

As ever, it would be interesting to see if disabling all other add-ons will stop the add-on from using as many queries.
Interesting!

Last edited:
The important thing (and possibly easiest) will be verifying if that add-on generates the queries on its own first with all other add-ons disabled.

Make sure debug is enabled in the config file. There's an issue with the Enable Debug From Admin Home add-on that does that. If debug is enabled in config, you can still turn Debug on/off from the Admin CP.

Reactions: DRE
xf_user_avignored is used heavily in Default Avatars. These queries start at 25 then end at 166

Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 7.08.47 PM.webpScreen Shot 2013-10-13 at 7.09.20 PM.webp

@ineedhelp

This add-on generates as many as two additional queries per avatar displayed on a page. If you have 40 messages per page that's nearly 100 queries per page.

I'm still not sure why DRE was hitting 200+ but the fact is, that is NOT good coding, not good performance and not worth £8.

You should ask your developer to fix these fundamental issues as soon as possible.

It is just not a sensible thing to do to execute database queries inside the avatar template helper.

Top Bottom