1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decisions

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by billybatz9, Apr 23, 2013.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Hey guys,

So... because I am running my website on wordpress and not any other platform, I think I am going to stick with phpbb for now (only because of the wp-united plugin). I feel that the only thing holding me back is the lack of bridge between wordpress and Xenforo. I know there is xenscripts, but I run wordpress plugins that will not work with xenscripts modifications. SO what I am going to do is stick to boring phpbb for now until I have enough money to have the bridge developed for xenforo.

Has anyone found a successful bridge yet? Honestly...

2. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Someone said he's using something called "amember" but I had a look and it costs somewhere around 200$ or so...

Which wp plugins are you running that don't work with the existing bridge?

3. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

$200 yikes! That's a lot.
    I wanted to use sitemile for a classifieds section on my website. It's pretty good,but you need to be signed up through Wordpress for it to work. Also, I am using OIO publisher or automatic ads

4. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

Most xenForo add-on developers do not post their terms of service on their Resource post. xenForo is extremely expensive if one needs to buy many add-ons. If you have a small community, weigh-out the options. Then whatever decision you make, be happy with it.

Business do not turn a profit until year 3 or 5, sometimes they are just kidding themselves.