Dear XF community....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

This thread is not meant to divert xenForo customers away, or anything like that. In fact, I have expressed to Kier Darby, that I admired his work, and he beat to me what I was going to do.

I was calm about vBulletin for quite some time. Nothing hit nerve at me until one incident that I am sure all of you would revolt against.

Now I am very, very, VERY, rather motivated to develop a forum software idea. There's this fire in me, and a voice calling to me.

You see, when I started my company, I wanted to make it a leading media corporation. But now, I realize most recently. Why vBulletin customers are angry, raged... Now I see the side of vBulletin that I have never seen before. Now I have seen the side of vBulletin that everyone keeps hating.

An incident struck a nerve in me that makes me want to compete in the same "vertical" industry as them. And given my experience, I know I can do it. Nah, I won't be buying car sites, I won't be buying career websites, instead, I am going to buy video game websites which is the niche I am in.

I want to do something about it. Starting today, I am going to be actively selling ALL of my licenses. ALL of it.

My question to you; xenforo community, what can I do to create a competing, and an alternative to forum software. I must stress that I am in no way trying to compete with xenforo.

Thank you, vBulletin, you have ignited a new passion that I have never felt for a product. You have just pushed me to a breaking point where I want to do more business with KMA, and xenforo, that I am compelled to purchase 4 more xenforo licenses.

You have no idea how angry I am right now. No idea.

My question to you; xenforo community, what can I do to create a competing, and an alternative to forum software. I must stress that I am in no way trying to compete with xenforo.

Maybe it's an idea to create a site that allows me to connect with friends and colleagues and allows me to write stuff that all friends can read and reply to. It would also be great if I could post photos and my friends could comment on them. A nice added bonus would be to be able to play games and allow me to send updates on my game play to my friends which borders on annoying and makes all my friends want to de-friend me.

Oh... wait...

In what way? Right now I am frustrated beyond belief.

Aren't there more important things in life to care about? Friends, family, work, hobbies, etc. How is company that no longer plays a role in your websites (from what I can see, since none of them have vB) is frustrating you 'beyond belief'. I don't see that you have rather any big and 'successful' website/forum that could actually create problems to an income you could have in them due to the use of vB.

My point is I think there are much more important things in life to be frustrated about than an old outdated piece of software when there are great alternatives to it already. XF, IPB, MyBB, SMF, etc. And even that, vBulletin is not THAT terrible to say that it's completely useless. Not trying to be offensive or anything, just sharing my thought on this post which I found quiet silly.

You say you wanted to develop a media site, that's great, I'd wish you the best with it, I just don't see how vB gets into that. You just either go with the company for their product or turn around and go a different direction, I think people are starting to overreact over vBulletin and their actions, it's not like they are directly forcing you to buy or use their products. It's not like this doesn't happen to big companies around the world.

Over the weekend I got reported for a very, VERY old post. 4 months old. I have 2 other infractions on my community account to boot. One expired infraction opens a new can of warms over the weekend. As if the person in question has nothing else to do with his time. I have tried talking to each one of the high ranking staff members and they agreed with Stev'o. One would think, 2 infractions was enough. No. Its not enough to a single person who wants to diminish my reputation to a level that none of the staff would respect me enough to chuck the old reports out of the window - pronto.

I admit I broke the rules, I admit to attacking another member but when I get reported for a post that's 4 months old: I'm thinking "WTF? This is useless. Its obsolete!"

Over the weekend I got reported for a very, VERY old post. 4 months old. I have 2 other infractions on my community account to boot. One expired infraction opens a new can of warms over the weekend. As if the person in question has nothing else to do with his time. I have tried talking to each one of the high ranking staff members and they agreed with Stev'o.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow what you're talking about here... the vBulletin customer support forums? I'm quiet lost here.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow what you're talking about here... the vBulletin customer support forums? I'm quiet lost here.
Yup. vBulletin staff paid a lot of attention to an old post from January 2011 than realizing that its an old post that should have been obsolete.
Same, I would love an extra xF license :).
Who said anything about selling xF licenses, I am selling 2 vB[4] licenses.
Aren't there more important things in life to care about? Friends, family, work, hobbies, etc. How is company that no longer plays a role in your websites (from what I can see, since none of them have vB) is frustrating you 'beyond belief'. I don't see that you have rather any big and 'successful' website/forum that could actually create problems to an income you could have in them due to the use of vB.
The more customers you have, the merrier. I could be a very huge investor in vBulletin just like the majority of you guys with over 5 licenses.

Video Games is my hobby, my passion, my love. My community forums on CarlosX360 is hidden away in my webserver database. All that's needed is upgrading or importing to xenforo or another software. I also own www.codforums.com and I am seriously considering putting that site on xenforo.
My point is I think there are much more important things in life to be frustrated about than an old outdated piece of software when there are great alternatives to it already. XF, IPB, MyBB, SMF, etc. And even that, vBulletin is not THAT terrible to say that it's completely useless. Not trying to be offensive or anything, just sharing my thought on this post which I found quiet silly.
Thank you for your honest opinion. I respect it enough. ;)
You say you wanted to develop a media site, that's great, I'd wish you the best with it, I just don't see how vB gets into that. You just either go with the company for their product or turn around and go a different direction, I think people are starting to overreact over vBulletin and their actions, it's not like they are directly forcing you to buy or use their products. It's not like this doesn't happen to big companies around the world.
Well, my company is a network of vertical websites right now - essentially, yes, the relation is there. I'm calling it a media corporation because my dreams and my vision of the company goes far beyond just verticals.

Heh. I don't really care about money, just as long as I get exactly the price of xenforo for each one.

There are lots of people selling their vB licenses. I think someone should make a website to help sellers and buyers meet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom