Dear XF community....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it just seems like a very vague sort of revenge-driven idea. I mean you want to compete with a multi-million (billion?) dollar company and you don't even have a real idea of what you want to do yet.

Also, with regards to your anger - the "side of vBulletin that everyone keeps hating" is more the lack of progress on the software and perceived neglect (neglect of the customers, neglect of the product, neglect of the brand) by Internet Brands. I wouldn't really say it has anything to do with getting an infraction over a forum post.

And I hate to say this, but I'm not really believing that you were totally victimized either. Considering you almost got banned and had your PM privileges taken away here as well, maybe you actually deserved the punishment they doled out to you. Doesn't matter if the post is 4 months old (which I wouldn't really consider "very, VERY" old anyway).

As far as buying video-game websites, where exactly are you going to get the capital to do this, and how exactly do you intend to make any money off of this? All of your forums have 55 total members combined (including yourself). I'm being brutally honest, but I really don't see how you would have success in such a venture.

It all just seems like a rage-driven idea that realistically will go nowhere. Sorry. :)

Well it just seems like a very vague sort of revenge-driven idea. I mean you want to compete with a multi-million (billion?) dollar company and you don't even have a real idea of what you want to do yet.

Also, with regards to your anger - the "side of vBulletin that everyone keeps hating" is more the lack of progress on the software and perceived neglect (neglect of the customers, neglect of the product, neglect of the brand) by Internet Brands. I wouldn't really say it has anything to do with getting an infraction over a forum post.

And I hate to say this, but I'm not really believing that you were totally victimized either. Considering you almost got banned and had your PM privileges taken away here as well, maybe you actually deserved the punishment they doled out to you. Doesn't matter if the post is 4 months old (which I wouldn't really consider "very, VERY" old anyway).

As far as buying video-game websites, where exactly are you going to get the capital to do this, and how exactly do you intend to make any money off of this? All of your forums have 55 total members combined (including yourself). I'm being brutally honest, but I really don't see how you would have success in such a venture.

It all just seems like a rage-driven idea that realistically will go nowhere. Sorry. :)
To add to this...I have created gaming sites before...small size 4-5 hundred mems(would have had more but I restarted the site 6+ times?) and have to say gaming is one of the hardest niches to get into...it is like saying "I am going to overthrow facebook, by creating a site called bookface, hoping not to get sued with a budget of $50)

I still use vBulletin, and I am close to vBulletin.
Alright PM with how much your willing to pay(I really don't care...as long as it is reasonable, ie. not $5) I was going to sell it to a friend but the amount of extra stuff I would have to help him with is not worth it.(he was gonna pay like 115 but I would have to install forum and some mods, manage site and server, and basically teach him everything I know about how to manage vB...so mainly a tutor...or as some might see it a headache...)

Yeah, but I was going to make my very own forum software before the lawsuit between xenforo, and vBulletin. In fact, if I had the assets to buy xenforo right now, I would. I would take all of my lawyer assets and shove it right up iB's butt, and letting xenforo do as they please. That's how much respect I have for the team here.
Yeah, but you're also missing the point. Their attitude for some time have been rubbing everyone, and I mean litterally everyone the wrong way. This infraction on my account is one of their 'attitudes' towards customers like myself. I didn't do anything to warrant that report or infraction NOW. Sure, when I posted that in january, SURE. But another moderator infracted the same post, so basically, I'm getting punishment for something I already was warned about.
Yeah, but I don't think KMA would take a report from someone claiming I offended them in an old post from 4 months ago, it has to be "ongoing" in order for that report to be taken really seriously. That's something I tried to convey to vBulletin but they can't get the point across.
I already own a few sites that I acquired with $1500 in capital. Came out of my own pocket. CODForums.com has 2,100 members, I can quadruple that number by 10 times. I may not have a big community right now, but its coming.

I don't have anything to worry about because I am a marketer. I have tested my blog's marketability for years now, and I think I can expand. MVC3Forum gathered 4000+ uniques in just 3 months on the market. Three. 14 thousand pageviews in just 3 months of operation.

Yeah, but you're also missing the point. Their attitude for some time have been rubbing everyone, and I mean litterally everyone the wrong way. This infraction on my account is one of their 'attitudes' towards customers like myself. I didn't do anything to warrant that report or infraction NOW. Sure, when I posted that in january, SURE. But another moderator infracted the same post, so basically, I'm getting punishment for something I already was warned about.
You cannot issue an infraction multiple times on the same post. Only one infraction can be given for a post.

If it frustrates you that much, why do you not just walk away and wash your hands of it?

I also find it funny (or odd?) to see how you react to this in public. I've seen your past behaviour here, you were nearly banned and I believe you still do not have pm rights here on XenForo.com - you seem to be a very abrasive guy from my experience, so how can we say if you deserved the infraction or not, however from what I have seen from you, I have my own opinions.

Regarding "Code my own forum software" I have seen nothing from you but gaming websites using other peoples forum software, so I find it hard to believe that you would code your own (this is only based upon what I have seen from you). You're just an angry "little guy" who wants to get back at the big evil corporation, nothing good will come of it but personal ruin. I know you want to rant, but I don't think XenForo.com is the place for it imo. Get offline for a bit and chill in a bar or something :) Don't let these things get to you.

I'm not trying to be nasty with this post, I'm trying to do what Erik did and state some home truths, I simply cannot do it as eloquently as him ;)

I don't have anything to worry about because I am a marketer. I have tested my blog's marketability for years now, and I think I can expand. MVC3Forum gathered 4000+ uniques in just 3 months on the market. Three. 14 thousand pageviews in just 3 months of operation.

It is great to have goals and things but you need to not let emotion ruin your perspective. I own a site that in its first full month in operation had 2.4 mill page views and over 100k posts and now generates over 10 mill views a month and about 250k-300k posts with 0 advertising ever. And even with those numbers I have no crazy intention of owning a competitive market like you do. Good luck but don't let unrealistic goals drive you to inevitable failure. It would be unfortunate if you built a thriving community and were disheartened by it not being a top site globally.

lol-u-mad-no-u-mad.jpg

Seriously, your confused IMHO. You're talking about Vbulletin, then inferring to sell all your licenses and buy websites, which has nothing to do with vbulletin, and is Internet Brands, not vbulletin... two different companies and purposes. One buys communities and sells advertising, the other sells forum software.

Sounds as childish to me as taking action on being defriended on Facebook or such nonsense.

Just my two cents.

Carlos... mate, relax. You are getting emotionally carried away and some people here have given you good advice. I have seen some of your sites and blog and sorry for this but you have very little idea of what you are doing. My suggestion, forget about vbulletin and forget about xenforo. Just concentrate on one site, build it up, work hard at it and ensure it generates some revenue for your hard work and efforts. Not to dishearten you but my main site generates about $3K a month with 0.7 million pageviews. My second main site, in my sig here, generates about $1K per month with 0.3 million pageviews. Neither of it happened overnight and has taken countless sleepless nights, months of hard-work and years of dedication. The whole "code my own forum software" is silly and stupid and it will only cause you frustration and financial loss.

Thank you all for the feedback you have provided me thus far. It has been invaluable.

Your honesty in this thread was very well needed. Once again, thank you all. I appreciate it. :)

I crossed the line with "trading," not what I intended, but okay, Mr. Brogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom