1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Datetime/author stat

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Shelley, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

to move the following (highlighted in the screenshot) for the highlighted info to be moved on the same line as the post edit history above the buttons which would be useful when people hit responsive.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    Mark3121, Tracy Perry, Andrej and 6 others like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Completely off topic.

Love your Redactor design.

* Chris Deeming waits patiently for that to be released.

Lisa likes this.
  3. Shelley

Added a better screenshot . *adds to first post also*

Screenshot_3.png

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm half and half on this. Since right now, it flows nicely with the actions and stuff without the last edit by text. I see advantages and positive reasons for both locations personally.

5. TLMD

TLMD Active Member

I agree with Shelley: I can't see a reason why it would be bad to have this info in one line and also in a row (left floated).

6. Shelley

Let me try and sway you to my side of the fence then. Personally I don't think it actually does suit there but that is another topic and not my main argument. :D

Check the screenshot (below) had that date/time info been in it's original location the buttons would have been scattered everywhere in this responsive setting, I just think it looks so much neater being moved above them and compliments the edit history location for consistency. Have you toppled into my garden yet? :p

I've made the template edit myself so either way it's all good. :)

datetime_responsive.png

Jeremy likes this.
  7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I didn't think about mobile and how it'd work there. I'm all for it, now. Lol. I had already liked the suggestion. ;)

Amaury and Shelley like this.
  8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Great suggestion!
    BUT - you knew there was going to be a but there :p - where's the template edit you made silly? Didn't see it in the resource or here!

9. Mark3121

Mark3121 Well-Known Member

The buttons look much better in responsive, going to try this now :)