Lack of interest Date and time of uploaded or changed files/attachments

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sometimes it's hard to know when the last time was updated the attachment.
I suggest to add this line(s) (second line should be visible only if file was updated):

Uploaded: 14.09.2011
Updated: 25.09.2011

I think this is "must have" feature for forums like XenForo.com. There are many plugins without version :(

How do you update a attachment?

I'm deleting the old and upload the new, so how should the system know it's updated?

That's easy. Just display the date of the last time the file was uploaded. Regardless of whether a new or deleted file, record and display the time of upload.

How do you update a attachment?
Forgot to add! :)

In vB, if I upload the file with the same name as existing, then the number of downloads is not zeroed out, and the file is simply overwritten. Can also do this in a XF? Perhaps then the problem will be solved with the date of renewal. If it does impossible, would like to see at least the date of upload.

I could be wrong but I'm not aware of a way of reusing attachments in different posts like you can with VB, so if you wanted to use the same file in multiple posts you have to attach said file to each post - If correct you don't need the date as it would be the same as the post date.

If I'm wrong tell me to shut the heck up :)

Because you can indefinitely edit a post - you can't use the post date as a guide; someone can edit their post, remove the original file and attach a different file and there is nothing to tell you that the file has been changed / uploaded *after* the post was made. ;)

just edit template: .attached_files like:
Code:
                        <dl><dt>{xen:phrase file_size}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $attachment.file_size, size}</dd></dl>
                                                <dl><dt>{xen:phrase file_date}:</dt> <dd>{xen:date $attachment.attach_date}</dd></dl>
                        <dl><dt>{xen:phrase views}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $attachment.view_count}</dd></dl>

phase file_date need to be created
[Forum] - Xen...  Page 2  XenForo 1.webp

Top Bottom