1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Date and time of uploaded or changed files/attachments

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Daniel Thomann, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Daniel Thomann

Daniel Thomann Active Member

Hi there!
    I noticed, everytime a style or addon developer changes it's attachment, you don't see a changed at (...) date notice. This could be helpful.

2. high1976

high1976 Active Member

I fully agree, its pretty hard to keep track of updates without it.

3. Romchik®

Romchik® Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's hard to know when the last time was updated the attachment.
    I suggest to add this line(s) (second line should be visible only if file was updated):

Uploaded: 14.09.2011
    Updated: 25.09.2011

I think this is "must have" feature for forums like XenForo.com. There are many plugins without version :(

infis, Yoskaldyr, Gatses and 3 others like this.
  4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

How do you update a attachment?

I'm deleting the old and upload the new, so how should the system know it's updated?

CyberAP likes this.
  5. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

That's easy. Just display the date of the last time the file was uploaded. Regardless of whether a new or deleted file, record and display the time of upload.

6. Romchik®

Romchik® Well-Known Member

Forgot to add! :)

In vB, if I upload the file with the same name as existing, then the number of downloads is not zeroed out, and the file is simply overwritten. Can also do this in a XF? Perhaps then the problem will be solved with the date of renewal. If it does impossible, would like to see at least the date of upload.

7. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Just a small suggestion to have the option to show the date and time of upload of attachments.

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

ankurs and high1976 like this.
  8. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I'm not aware of a way of reusing attachments in different posts like you can with VB, so if you wanted to use the same file in multiple posts you have to attach said file to each post - If correct you don't need the date as it would be the same as the post date.

If I'm wrong tell me to shut the heck up :)

9. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Because you can indefinitely edit a post - you can't use the post date as a guide; someone can edit their post, remove the original file and attach a different file and there is nothing to tell you that the file has been changed / uploaded *after* the post was made. ;)

10. high1976

high1976 Active Member

just edit template: .attached_files like:
    Code:
                            <dl><dt>{xen:phrase file_size}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $attachment.file_size, size}</dd></dl>
                                                    <dl><dt>{xen:phrase file_date}:</dt> <dd>{xen:date $attachment.attach_date}</dd></dl>
                            <dl><dt>{xen:phrase views}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $attachment.view_count}</dd></dl>
    phase file_date need to be created
    [Forum] - Xen...  Page 2  XenForo 1.png