DataTables BB Code by Waindigo [Deleted]

Sounds like a bug. I'll look into it.
Hi @Waindigo,

I assume the following option was brought in to remove the additional formatting that would appear:
  • Added options in Admin Control Panel to remove any code inside curly brackets and to remove any options separated by semi-colons. These option may help with backwards-compatibility with code produced for other add-ons and/or for other forum software.

I have enabled it, and tried to put the text that would be keyword replace in curly brackets but it simply wipes out the text altogether. How do i use this feature? Do i need to make some changes to how i create the keyword replace actions?

Those actions are not supported at present, but hopefully the tables at least appear to make some sort of sense now. If you're interested in those extra features, please drop me a PM to discuss contributing to the cost of having them added.

@Waindigo are you sure that I need Allow Tabs in Redactor Editor for this to work with tabs? It seems to be working just fine without it. I am copying tables from Excel and didn't need that add-on and all is good so far.

Great resource by the way, I really love it! Thanks to both of you @Stuart Wright and @Waindigo :)

What I need to do to get the same nice styled table as the one in Example @ http://www.datatables.net ?

It won't work with tabs if you don't have both add-ons installed, but it does work.

For the nice style you will need to copy the CSS from that site -- or create your own.

I am really no good with CSS and I just hope, that someone will be kind enough to share the code how to style nicely the tables with css.

It would be nice to have the table use style properties, so that the table styling matches the website style.

The idea is that the table styling matches the post styling, not the rest of the site. Posts are styled as clean and simple as possible.

@Waindigo Can you tell me why I get this: Screenshot 2013-09-29 01.47.33.webp

When my code reads this:
Screenshot 2013-09-29 01.47.39.webp
What I want is for the bold Titles to be in the Heading Collumn (if that makes sense). I have the Tabs Add-on Installed too.

Sorry, I wasn't working this weekend. Can you make sure you are using the latest version of this add-on, as what you are reporting looks like a bug that has already been fixed.

If it still occurs, please could you let me know if you receive any JavaScript errors (you may have to open the JavaScript console to see any errors).

Sorry, I wasn't working this weekend. Can you make sure you are using the latest version of this add-on, as what you are reporting looks like a bug that has already been fixed.

If it still occurs, please could you let me know if you receive any JavaScript errors (you may have to open the JavaScript console to see any errors).

Nope. Updated the addon and it now looks like this:
Screenshot 2013-10-01 00.11.53.webp

Error log says two things:

1:TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'a.aoColumns[c].fnSetData')
2:Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://ftvworld.thetvworld.org/forum/js/gritter/jquery.gritter.js?_v=6217eba1

AGAIN with the damn separation removal. Please, for the love of all that is holy, test this stuff out!!!!
It is exactly for the love of all that is holy that I don't test this stuff out. There are so much more important things to do then test out every little detail of every add-on update.

The reason this happened before was because I renamed the option. It hasn't changed since the last update, so it shouldn't have wiped them. I'll look into it before the next update as there must be something else going on.

hmm, well, maybe it was a fluke, as I may have skipped an upgrade in the past few days. All I know is that it sent out a ton of array data instead of the table itself being processed. Will see what happens with the next upgrade
That said, another bug (??)

As far as I can see special characters seem to be turned into htmlentities if inside the table, and not actually turned back into their characters when viewed. In the editor
Law & Order: SVU
for example, is shown correctly. In a normal thread (or reply, or outside of tables), it's shown correctly as well.

When the thread is viewed, however, that turns into
Law & Order: SVU
if that special character is used in the table. I'm sure it's the same way for other characters as well.

Top Bottom