DataTables BB Code by Waindigo [Deleted]

I've not tested. May need someone to contribute to pay towards upgrading it to XenForo 1.3 as BBCodes have changed a lot. Please PM me if you are able.

My tables are not getting parsed while they were being parsed before. All my tables have the following format:
[table="head;"]
header col 1 | header col2
field col1 | field col2
[/table]

Might be a conflict with another add-on. Can you try disabling other add-ons?

Are you using the BB code cache?

VaultWiki's internal BB-Code-options cache is not up-to-date. There is an issue rebuilding it in the current release. You can try disabling VaultWiki's internal cache via its config file until the issue is resolved.

Waindigo; I followed your instructions and got the error message:

Error
The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.
This was with the xml file from my computer

I tried to upload the zip to my server and put them under domain/forum (forum is xenforo) with the same result. I am using 1.3.
As I need table with xenforo, I really would have appreciated your addon.

TonyB

Waindigo; I followed your instructions and got the error message:

Error
The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.
This was with the xml file from my computer

I tried to upload the zip to my server and put them under domain/forum (forum is xenforo) with the same result. I am using 1.3.
As I need table with xenforo, I really would have appreciated your addon.

TonyB
Try uploading the files again. Make sure you are uploading all the files to the correct location. You need to upload the files inside the upload folder and not the upload folder itself.

Try uploading the files again. Make sure you are uploading all the files to the correct location. You need to upload the files inside the upload folder and not the upload folder itself.

Thanks Jon!

Yes this was one common error I made. But I finally succeeded in finally figuring how to Add those files AFTER upload and after this 'upload' folder gets out of the way.

Now I feel this will be very informative for other newbies; whilst you and the xenforo team know this as granted of course!

1. After you upload waindigo's zipfile to your server, you best create some backup or upload or whatever folder in the root.
Put the zip file into this folder and unzip it THERE. This eliminates the upload folder which is left after the unzipping; because you then begin to match the required folders FROM the upload folder as per waindigo's instructions in using the MOVE file to part on your server.

2. Then you see the tree of waindigo's application file as something like X(123..)folders - Y(123..) folders - Z(123..) folders with X(1)=install and X(2)=js and X(3)=library say. The Y(1)=data say and the Z(1)=waindigo's xml file you will later use as the BROWSER file to install the application.

3. The tricky thing for newbies is however not the installing of the xml file but the distribution of the X(123...); Y(123...) and the Z(123..).

On your server the NAMES of the waindigo files 'Must Exactly Match' the folders you put them into.
For example the waindigo install file X(1)=install must go into the first install file on your server file data base, which also has the name install.

4. You then continue with this exact matching UNTIL you run out of folders and are left with a file or files, say as example the xml file of Z(1)=waindigo...xml in a folder called Y(1)=data.

5. After you have so 'moved' all the files from the waindigo upload, THEN go to xenforo and install the application in using the xml file which is still on your computer. This is the file waindigo and other creators here, highlight as being 'out of' the upload folder after you unzipped them on your computer.

Thanks waindigo for creating those applications. I have not tested them yet, but am sure they will work.

TonyB

Last edited:
Any thoughts on a way to have a colspan for a cell? I want a cell to span four columns but can't add the attribute. I don't really want to go back to HTML tables to be able to do it.

I could add an option such that the last column in a row expands to fill all remaining columns. Would that help?

Hello,
It seems that the fancy datatables features (sorting, filtering, etc) work when you go to preview a message with a table in it but don't appear when the message is actually posted.

I've tried disabling other addons to see if that's what was causing the problem, but that didn't seem to solve this. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's my forum setup that's causing this. Do you have any ideas on that?

I'm currently on 1.3, btw. Maybe it's just because of that? Lol.

I do have it on. :)

I figured out what the problem was. Having more than one table in a post is okay, but apparently mixing head and nohead tables in a post resulted in the problem I had.

Alright, I had installed this last night and it was working. I uninstalled and tried another table add on (this one). Decided I liked this one better. Removed the other add on, reinstalled this one (uploaded the files all again etc).

Now it isn't recognizing more than one column.

Any ideas?

What is the other add-on? Perhaps it hasn't uninstalled itself properly.

Also, make sure you have set up all your options again. They will have been wiped after you uninstalled the first time.

@Waindigo

I actually didn't do any other options when I last installed, it all worked straight away. :/

I just double checked the download file, read the README etc and I reread the first post and I don't see any settings I had to set.

I linked the other add on in my previous post :) It had no files to upload, just an XML which I uninstalled. If you're not sure of any other ideas then perhaps I can poke him to see if his knows how to remove anything which may be laying about ^.^

EDIT: Sorry about that. I am using 1.3 and this doesn't seem compatible with it. I am thinking I probably only had one column during the test and that was why I thought it worked. Sorry for bothering you! I'll keep an eye out for updates :)

EDIT 2: It does work! Did not realize you could go to admincp -> options -> Your add on and choose how to determine the seperation. Might want to include that somewhere! :)

Last edited:
What is the other add-on? Perhaps it
hasn't uninstalled itself properly.

Also, make sure you have set up all your options again. They will have been wiped after you uninstalled the first time.

I have tried with Automatically calculate the optimum table and columns widths being enabled/disabled - same look.
By default... it looks like the tables/rows/headers arent optimized at all... Is there a fix for this?
HU0Wwf7.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom